Help, zoas irritated with white specs on them. Pests??

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

So I've had zoas in my tank ( aqua reef 400 ) since december last year and after a month of owning them they closed up. Untill about March roughly they opened but their frills or 'tenticle' remained short and stubby. Not sure why. Water is fine and i started the tank with dry real reef rock and dipped every single piece of coral. Only today ive noticed they are extremely irritated and the frills are curled up. I'll try and get a photo later. The white specs do appear to move and resemble a copedpod...strange. Any help or experience would be great

Cheers

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A clear picture would definitely help. How small are they? I would start by looking up Zoa Eating Nudibranch to see if maybe they are babies.

How are your nutrients in the water?

OP
OP
JadeM

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A clear picture would definitely help. How small are they? I would start by looking up Zoa Eating Nudibranch to see if maybe they are babies.

Nitrates, nitrite, phosphate, and ammonia are undetectable. I does Nopox, and run carbon and GFO. They would be the size of id say half a sand grain or smaller. Very similar to a copedpod or a tiny bit bigger.

Attached are photos i took just then, lights have been on for about 10 min so ill try and get some pics later to show what they look like even a few hours after lights have been on.

Cheers

20190518_103938.jpg

20190518_104128.jpg

20190518_104002.jpg

20190518_104059.jpg

20190518_103942.jpg

OP
OP
JadeM

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some colonies do appear to be looking better than other today however they dont seem to have many if any white spots on them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back