HELP

flgrfr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I am new to the hobby and I have 2 clowns that appeared fine last night now one is on the ground gasping and they both look whitish. I don’t think it’s ick but please any suggestions
eb0b2ceb59937a78d87261c1e9f8178c.jpg

OP
OP
F

flgrfr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I am new to the hobby and I have 2 clowns that appeared fine last night now one is on the ground gasping and they both look whitish. I don’t think it’s ick but please any suggestions please I don’t want them dying
7c410bce73c34bdc2510896611020892.jpg
4595d9cafebe7fa9999673e00feaf7d7.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you quarantine them at all? If they're covered in a white film its either brook or velvet. You need to quickly setup a quarantine tank and start treating immediately as both are a quick killer. You can start with a freshwater dip to help them out, but then run treatment.
@4FordFamily @Humblefish #reefsquad for treatment options

Smo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had these two fish? Could be Brook. Could also be Velvet. Recommend a 5 min fresh water dip (well aerated water at same temp as your DT). Then a 90 min acriflavine bath (Ruby Reef Rally) with fresh sea water, well aerated, same temp and salinity as your DT. Then place them in a QT, again with fresh sea water at same temp and salinity. This will offer immediate relief.
Ned’s to get them out of their current environment ASAP.
Finally, your DT will need to remain fallow (fishless) for six weeks but better to wait 76 days just in case ICH is also present.
Good luck.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

flgrfr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, did a freshwater dip this morning and a massive water change and they appear to be doing great, like unbelievable how different they look. Possibly water perimeters were funky?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, did a freshwater dip this morning and a massive water change and they appear to be doing great, like unbelievable how different they look. Possibly water perimeters were funky?

It's possible, but the photo you posted above looks very much like two clowns with the initial stages of brook IME.

OP
OP
F

flgrfr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, fish have been doing amazing since that day no idea what it was... but they have been fat and happy since

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone delete this thread?

Just curious, why would you want to delete? Threads like this are great for people to see for a reference, and or treatment options should someone not be able to answer right away IMO. Some of these fish diseases are very time sensitive, and acting fast is imperative in certain situations.

OP
OP
F

flgrfr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, why would you want to delete? Threads like this are great for people to see for a reference, and or treatment options should someone not be able to answer right away IMO. Some of these fish diseases are very time sensitive, and acting fast is imperative in certain situations.

Valid point I just have 2 if the same threads!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back