Help?

candiecane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there :)

I bought a new clownfish today and I noticed these in the bag with him when I got home. Can anyone help me identify them and recommend what I should do next?

The little guy is in QT now. Thank you!

75F7893F-59A5-4BF5-B3C5-DFAB3EE425CE.jpeg 3CA0F615-CD38-4347-8A6E-AE073AAB5FA7.jpeg B7605150-E4F6-4C5C-A583-21837F423BAB.jpeg A8A7ADBE-9C47-4D22-973F-C7E9D0601ED9.jpeg

OP
OP
candiecane

candiecane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry not the best quality video, they’re tiny. Thanks for the reply! 9715FF5F-E34F-401A-B307-63D8D704A064.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9743.MOV
    11.5 MB
OP
OP
candiecane

candiecane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm thats a new one for me. #reedsquad hopefully someone has an idea.
Thank you for your help! I looked everywhere online but I couldn’t ID them. The clownfish seems perfectly fine, no physical marks on him and he’s happy and eating. I’m not sure if they came in the water or from him, I just saw them in the bag when I got home.

Is the video I uploaded working?

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your help! I looked everywhere online but I couldn’t ID them. The clownfish seems perfectly fine, no physical marks on him and he’s happy and eating. I’m not sure if they came in the water or from him, I just saw them in the bag when I got home.

Is the video I uploaded working?
Yes the video worked :)

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing a type of planarian worm. Need better pictures. The photos are best taken with the worms in water to be able to see it better.
My bad thought it might be easier to get a close up ;Blackeye

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first few pictures, the worms are in water in a black container to better see them.

Thanks!
The pictures are still to far away from the worm to be able to ID them. I need detailed pictures of the head and back end area and how the worm looks when "on the move". Im still guessing they are a type of Planarian flatworm. But like to be sure. Thanks :)

OP
OP
candiecane

candiecane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures are still to far away from the worm to be able to ID them. I need detailed pictures of the head and back end area and how the worm looks when "on the move". Im still guessing they are a type of Planarian flatworm. But like to be sure. Thanks :)

Yeah sorry for the terrible quality. I tried my best but the iPhone has failed hah. They were dead out of the bag o_O And I’ve also thrown them away ;Nailbiting Thank you for all your help! :)

Pmauro55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you did the right thing by throwing them away the only way I can see that they got in the bag was if they came off the fish unless they scooped up a little sand when they caught the fish but I didn’t see any sand in the bag so I have to believe that they came off the fish that’s the only way they could get in the back better safe than sorry

OP
OP
candiecane

candiecane

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you did the right thing by throwing them away the only way I can see that they got in the bag was if they came off the fish unless they scooped up a little sand when they caught the fish but I didn’t see any sand in the bag so I have to believe that they came off the fish that’s the only way they could get in the back better safe than sorry

Thank you! :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back