Help

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started thinking I had ick, then velvet then brook. I may have multiple issues. This has been going on for 2 weeks. Fish have all been eating well until the last couple days. Last night I did a fresh water copper dip, followed by a fresh water dip. Today my bat fish released another round of mucus. More fish getting cloudy eyes. Two trigger completely unaffected. Just about everyone else showing signs.

Parameters are great, salinity is 1.019, and I am dropping it slowly. Ran heat about 82 for a week, but dropped down to 78, it was impacting my fish.

I do not have a QT. The dips stressed my fish big time.. third pic of bat fish was after dips and the the other 2 are 24 hours later. All others pics are 24 hours after dips.

I think I will lose the whole tank.....any ideas

20191210_183752.jpg 20191210_183854.jpg 20191208_131949.jpg 20191210_183813.jpg 20191210_183900.jpg 20191210_184048.jpg

OP
OP
Damon Jensen

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics did not come out well. Lots of tiny whit spots, mucus discharge, and now cloudy eyes

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if yo u want to save the fish they need to be treated with copper + metroplex because that takes care of both velvet and brook but that looks like velvet to me

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also that eye looks pretty milky if so a Epson Bath along with Freshwater Bath might make that guy much happier...

Epsom Salt: Treats eye and other injuries. Popeye in one eye usually means injury, but popeye in both eyes usually denotes a bacterial infection requiring antibiotic treatment. Cloudy eye can be a bacterial infection or flukes.
How To Treat - 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of aquarium water. Repeat only once, if necessary. Use only “USP” grade Epsom salt.
Pros - Reef safe, as Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate.
Cons/Side Effects - The effects of excessive sulfate in a reef aquarium are not fully known.

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish will need to be in copper constantly and in the proper amount. I wouldn't run copper in your display tank. You should get a quarantine tank asap and treat accordingly.

OP
OP
Damon Jensen

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also that eye looks pretty milky if so a Epson Bath along with Freshwater Bath might make that guy much happier...

Epsom Salt: Treats eye and other injuries. Popeye in one eye usually means injury, but popeye in both eyes usually denotes a bacterial infection requiring antibiotic treatment. Cloudy eye can be a bacterial infection or flukes.
How To Treat - 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of aquarium water. Repeat only once, if necessary. Use only “USP” grade Epsom salt.
Pros - Reef safe, as Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate.
Cons/Side Effects - The effects of excessive sulfate in a reef aquarium are not fully known.
Thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back