HELP!!

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came down to see one of my clowns with Witt one of the bottom fins missing and one on the side all tore up!! He isnt using the fin much breathing isnt too crazy but he’s having a tough time swimming but still staying afloat! Parameters are normal I only have one other clown with him that doesn’t show any aggression they are inseparable! What is going on how do I help him!!!! Please help me!!!

0F67D504-F08C-401C-AD70-D36543A3B5FA.jpeg 9896D682-D5FC-4057-829F-D0CC2268817D.jpeg BC0A9AB0-8174-441D-AE52-520AEA3375C4.jpeg

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other tank inhabitants do you have in there?
Just one other clown and they’re a super bonded pair never showed signs of aggression the other one just started breathing really heavy and is having a hard time staying afloat what the heck is going on

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post your water quality values? It sure looks like aggression- fish are pretty sly, and you may not catch them in the act of fighting. It wasn’t clear to me, is the clown with the tattered fins breathing rapidly, or is that another one? Rapid breathing is NOT a typical symptom of tankmate aggression.
Jay

OP
OP
I

irescuedogs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post your water quality values? It sure looks like aggression- fish are pretty sly, and you may not catch them in the act of fighting. It wasn’t clear to me, is the clown with the tattered fins breathing rapidly, or is that another one? Rapid breathing is NOT a typical symptom of tankmate aggression.
Jay
I lost them both I’m so devastated I have no idea what happened everything was normal it couldn’t have been aggression because the other clown didn’t have one mark on her and she died too I’m so heartbroken

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back