help

send help

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to start a tank and have a somewhat low budget I want a 15-30 gallon reef tank for somewhat cheap, I still want good quality conditions for my fish and corals. If someone could make me a list of stuff to get or guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I'm kinda looking for a kit like the ones Fluval makes. (would like to keep the aquarium and filtration system around $400 max including heater)

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New/ second hand? Depends what your really after, unfortunately this hooby isnt to cheap but can always pick up some bargains. My budget was originally 2k aud but easily out to $3500 without any fish or coral. But if your going to do it do it right the first time personally

OP
OP
S

send help

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not looking for anything big, I would like to stay under 400 but figured I would be over 700

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best to buy secondhand if that’s your budget You can find inexpensive tanks but will usually need some TLC.

you may even get lucky and get it with live rock and sand.

craigslist is a good place to start

OP
OP
S

send help

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best to buy secondhand if that’s your budget You can find inexpensive tanks but will usually need some TLC.

you may even get lucky and get it with live rock and sand.

craigslist is a good place to start
I have a place called fish freaks in my area and they have a ton of used stuff. it would need some cleaning but I would be willing to clean up some used stuff because it's a lot cheaper

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back