Help

Drake29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just did a water test and the green is Nitrit and the orange is Ammonium what should I get to make them go down ? Thanks in advance

71AA44E4-B508-43AA-924D-B3264FCDFD78.jpeg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lacking any more details, I'd say just be patient as the tank cycles.

What method are you using to cycle?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 with @chandavi, we need a lot more details. Is this a cycling or cycled tank. Tank inhabitants. Anything you might have done to get the levels to be that high? Also are you sure ammonia is at 10ppm? The color does not seem to match.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the posts by OP, he only got the RODI mixing on 4/13. This is a 75 gallon tank - very very new. @Drake29 - this is part of the cycling process. First ammonia, then nitrite and then nitrite converts to nitrate. Other than water and rock, what is in your tank?
Remember - nothing good happens fast in a reef tank. Slow down - Breathe.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the additional info @CMMorgan, I really should start checking out older posts by posters too.

Anyways yeah if it is cycling then you gotta wait. If you want a quick cycling reference I made one:
Aquarium Cycling v1.0.png

OP
OP
Drake29

Drake29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 with @chandavi, we need a lot more details. Is this a cycling or cycled tank. Tank inhabitants. Anything you might have done to get the levels to be that high? Also are you sure ammonia is at 10ppm? The color does not seem to match.
it is cycling and i have no fish right now the ammonium seems to me to be at .5 ... and i have not done anything

OP
OP
Drake29

Drake29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the posts by OP, he only got the RODI mixing on 4/13. This is a 75 gallon tank - very very new. @Drake29 - this is part of the cycling process. First ammonia, then nitrite and then nitrite converts to nitrate. Other than water and rock, what is in your tank?
Remember - nothing good happens fast in a reef tank. Slow down - Breathe.
all i have in the tank is rock and sand

OP
OP
Drake29

Drake29

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the additional info @CMMorgan, I really should start checking out older posts by posters too.

Anyways yeah if it is cycling then you gotta wait. If you want a quick cycling reference I made one:
Aquarium Cycling v1.0.png
Do i need to get some Dr. Tims all in one,or any Brightwell produscts ? if so what do i need

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do i need to get some Dr. Tims all in one,or any Brightwell produscts ? if so what do i need
You already have some nitrite, so that indicates you already have some ammonia-oxidizers. I don't know if a bottled bac product would help at this point, because at this point it is not about introducing nitrifiers but maybe just supplementing some to speed up the process. In which case, perhaps FritzZyme Turbo Start 900.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take your time, you have a few weeks to go before you add fish, safely. While waiting, take the time to research "saltwater tank biofilter" so that your first fish dont die.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've done nothing other than add saltwater and dry rock, go buy some Bio-Spira and follow the directions and you should be good to go. Just stock slow, one or two fish and wait a bit. Dr. Tim's works fine too, I think it's a 10 day process or something though. Bio-Spira is quicker.

Or if you want to do the traditional 30 day cycle, drop in a frozen shrimp and check back in a few weeks.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back