Help

dy26751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lots of questions, but I’ll start off with a little information. I have a 36 gallon bow front, I have it had 2 clowns, lawnmower blenny, 2 cardinals, and a little golby, I also have a small clean up crew, hermit crabs, snails, and starfish. Ok, so I did a no no, I bought a tang didn’t quarantine (he’s going into a bigger tank). Now I’ve had him for 13 days and everything looked good. Saturday I did a 10% water change and Sunday I woke up and clown was acting up, I tried to isolate him and go to store and get some stuff for quarantine and by the time I got back he died, looked like Brooklynella. Long story short, I’m going on Tuesday and I’ve lost a golby, cardinal, and another clown. My biggest concern is how do I get what ever the hell is in my tank out? I’m going to quarantine the rest of the fish but don’t know how and why when they look good until it’s to late. HELP!

8ECC753C-12DD-449D-8CBD-093DF3B58EF0.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lots of questions, but I’ll start off with a little information. I have a 36 gallon bow front, I have it had 2 clowns, lawnmower blenny, 2 cardinals, and a little golby, I also have a small clean up crew, hermit crabs, snails, and starfish. Ok, so I did a no no, I bought a tang didn’t quarantine (he’s going into a bigger tank). Now I’ve had him for 13 days and everything looked good. Saturday I did a 10% water change and Sunday I woke up and clown was acting up, I tried to isolate him and go to store and get some stuff for quarantine and by the time I got back he died, looked like Brooklynella. Long story short, I’m going on Tuesday and I’ve lost a golby, cardinal, and another clown. My biggest concern is how do I get what ever the hell is in my tank out? I’m going to quarantine the rest of the fish but don’t know how and why when they look good until it’s to late. HELP!

8ECC753C-12DD-449D-8CBD-093DF3B58EF0.jpeg
Sorry for your losses

How do you do your water changes? Are you using RODI system, mixing salt in, then changing water? OR are you using tap water with treatment? If tap with treatment, then suspecting tap based on so little detail above.

What are your water parameters? How old were your other fish?

People will be asking for more information, detailed information so everything more specific you can provide may help.

OP
OP
D

dy26751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an RODI with a TDS meter-0 on the readings. I started my tank in April, cycled for 3 weeks with a check for ammonia and nitrate-0. Added fish end of May, added coral middle on June. Everything was doing great. I was using Instant Ocean sea salt and a friend told me to get better salt for coral so I used Red Sea salt for my 10% water change and performed alkalinity-8DKH, calcium 410PPM and magnesium test 1225PPM all were good. Now the question is do I quarantine the last 3 fish or let it ride? They look good now but might change in a matter of hours. The big problem I have is, I’m not sure what to treat.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back