Help

bryan:))

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i'm pretty new to the saltwater hobby and set up a tank about a month and a half ago. I fully cycled it and tested my ammonia and nitrate and it is both at 0. Recently, i got a clownfish pair and they are both very inactive after a week and one clownfish started swimming sideways and died eventually. I also got a cleaner wrasse and after a day it was lying on the floor breathing very heavily and also passed. I'm planning to get a new clownfish to pair with the one still survining but I'm afraid it will suffer the same fate.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't plan to get any more animals until you figure out what the problem(s) are. Reefers on this forum will need a complete listing of water parameters to help you and also need to know which test kits you are using.
You probably should do a large water change as mitigation.
Good luck.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i'm pretty new to the saltwater hobby and set up a tank about a month and a half ago. I fully cycled it and tested my ammonia and nitrate and it is both at 0. Recently, i got a clownfish pair and they are both very inactive after a week and one clownfish started swimming sideways and died eventually. I also got a cleaner wrasse and after a day it was lying on the floor breathing very heavily and also passed. I'm planning to get a new clownfish to pair with the one still survining but I'm afraid it will suffer the same fate.
1) need to know your acclimation processes, and if quarantined. Where did you get the live stock?
2) need to know all parameters and test kits used.
3) pic is very helpful as said.

Back