HELP

La_Nena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
You all have been super helpful in the past. I have a new problem. Apparently I have a full algae bloom, threatening my aquarium. I believe it's a redish color. What can I do to stop this from overtaking my aquarium?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi guys,
You all have been super helpful in the past. I have a new problem. Apparently I have a full algae bloom, threatening my aquarium. I believe it's a redish color. What can I do to stop this from overtaking my aquarium?
Sounds like cyano bacteria but pics will be very helping with identification

OP
OP
La_Nena

La_Nena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230329_135825.jpg

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also what are your parameters at?
you should probably consider starting a build thread, it’ll allow for others to get a better understanding of how you run your system.

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a little Cyano. You can get it with low nutrients or high. Don't bother trying to get rid of it by changing lighting. If it's to the point you want it gone, the go to is Chemiclean. Hardly anything eats Cyano.

Odds are three starfish are going to starve unless the tank is huge. When they start climbing the glass they're looking for more territory with food.

OP
OP
La_Nena

La_Nena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
You all have been super helpful in the past. I have a new problem. Apparently I have a full algae bloom, threatening my aquarium. I believe it's a redish color. What can I do to stop this from overtaking
Looks like a little Cyano. You can get it with low nutrients or high. Don't bother trying to get rid of it by changing lighting. If it's to the point you want it gone, the go to is Chemiclean. Hardly anything eats Cyano.

Odds are three starfish are going to starve unless the tank is huge. When they start climbing the glass they're looking for more territory with food.
Thank you, the chemiclean worked!

Attachments

• Resized_20230430_150421.jpeg
    Resized_20230430_150421.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 6

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back