HELPP Is this good for now? I have two fish in container

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a snow flake eel and gobie in a big container with air stone and fan and heater and hiding spots will they do fine if I keep everything down like nitrates and nitrites and ammonia cus my main tank has trip and everything is high and dangerous so very unsafe in main tank…..until my main tanks gets re cycled again I will have to keep them in the container if it’s safe

image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a snow flake eel and gobie in a big container with air stone and fan and heater and hiding spots will they do fine if I keep everything down like nitrates and nitrites and ammonia cus my main tank has trip and everything is high and dangerous so very unsafe in main tank…..until my main tanks gets re cycled again I will have to keep them in the container if it’s safe

image.jpg
That setup isn’t likely to remain stable for very long. Can the eel get out of that?
Long term, the lack of mechanical filtration will allow the water to get cloudy with waste and bacteria. Unless there is a lot of beneficial bacteria living on those rocks, the ammonia is also going to go sky high….I’ve held fish like that when I was out collecting, and I needed to do 100% water changes daily.
Can you explain what is wrong with your main tank? I didn’t understand….
Jay

OP
OP
J

Jordan1050064

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That setup isn’t likely to remain stable for very long. Can the eel get out of that?
Long term, the lack of mechanical filtration will allow the water to get cloudy with waste and bacteria. Unless there is a lot of beneficial bacteria living on those rocks, the ammonia is also going to go sky high….I’ve held fish like that when I was out collecting, and I needed to do 100% water changes daily.
Can you explain what is wrong with your main tank? I didn’t understand….
Jay
..sorry for the long wait I’m back….The main tank ammonia is at zero but the nitrites is high so I’m afraid to put them in there

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..sorry for the long wait I’m back….The main tank ammonia is at zero but the nitrites is high so I’m afraid to put them in there
Nitrite is actually only toxic the freshwater fish. N marine aquariums, the salt renders it non toxic. That said, I can’t tell you if your DT might not have some other issue that could be harmful, just the nitrite isn’t a concern.
Jay

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back