BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a formula or ratio of citric acid to water? I have leftover citric acid that I’ll never use.
This is what a local club member and friend sent me today. Hope it helps.

Citric.PNG

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did a citric acid cleaning of my gyre and skimmer too

the brs recommendation was 3/4 cup per gallon of RODI

my gyre looks pretty clean, but my skimmer gets exposed to refugium light and man the algae that grew in there does not want to die. i did the citric acid soak for 30 min, then a few hours in a 1:1 vinegar water. algae still hanging out.. might have to borrow some muriatic acid from my parents ;Rage

My local LFS uses muriatic acid.

@Hemmdog your frammer is puffy!! Wish I can make mine happy

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s true. Idk some of you know my power tool situation or lack there of, so that might be tricky. If things get worse before the stand arrives tonight/tomorrow morning I’ll start treating in my water change brute and get a new brute for rocks and other stuff. The tang does look a bit better! Thank you!
Chris, I'm so sorry to to be reading about your fish so far, totally sucks losing them but Could always have lowes or home depot cut the 2x4's and then possibly only have to drill a couple holes for bolts for easy assemble and disassembly. Hope the remaining pages in this thread turns for the better. Either way, this is one of the better ones I've read through, Happy Reefing

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were good earlier but our nearby transformer blew and now we have a power outage. It’s been super hot and everyone is using their AC now, must have overloaded it. So my tanks are all sitting stagnant at the moment and the temp inside my place is rapidly climbing. Praying for a quick fix. Last time this happened I lost half my sps. I also wasn’t taking care of a velvet outbreak. Not the best timing PG&E.
Aside from UPS and generators. ReefBreeders
makes a power head that also has a USB cable for these situations.https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/rpm/ There are usb powered fans you can buy just about anywhere these days too. I have a bunch of portable battery's because of kids and camera equipment. Might be worth looking into.

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get yourself a marine deep cell cycle battery, a tender, and a power inverter. Fully charged, mine can run the mag 5 return, and 2 mp10’s for about 3 days. The only catch is you have to be there to set it up. I’m in a condo, so generator isn’t an option, but we lost power for 3 days last year from tropical storms, and I’m not taking any chances!
Care to share which ones you have?

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang didn’t make it. He was looking very velvetish last night. My thought was let the fish recover from the power outage in the 90 and not stress them more before starting the non visually sick fish in qt. I also didn’t want to remove all the rocks while my coral was stressed and sps having rtn. It didn’t seem like the best time to be doing a rescape and all.

I liked that fish, had him almost 2 years. I’ll be alright, just figured I’d keep you all updated.

The tank looks so empty I hate it :(
dang dude, sorry to hear. Totally know how it feels. Non reef related I had a goldfish that I won in 1st grade, that thing lived for 13 years, even when my Italian grandmother would dump cooking grease into its tank while fish sitting. "Ralphy" is currently resting on the edge of my property bordering the wetlands. First animal that I grew attached too. That was a tough one. I use his name on some PW's for different things in his honor, lol.

BiGGiePauls33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy flashbacks batman, suddenly it became the days of techno music before everything turned into EDM, lol. Thanks @crusso1993

Who doesn't dig a little Tiesto now and again! ;)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back