tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some time.. with real estate prices here I’m about 3-5 million dollars away from this dream tank.. :( lol. A 1500 sqft modest house is 1.5-2 but that won’t fit a monster tank. A man can dream...
Here in the heartland 6300 sq ft with 5 acres...290k

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in the heartland 6300 sq ft with 5 acres...290k
Dang... that's less $$$$ than my postage sized yard and half that size house here in Charlotte. Ohhh.... but the equity I've gotten in this house in the less than 3 years I've been here... The return on investment is high friend! ;Happy :cool:

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang... that's less $$$$ than my postage sized yard and half that size house here in Charlotte. Ohhh.... but the equity I've gotten in this house in the less than 3 years I've been here... The return on investment is high friend! ;Happy :cool:
Haha!! Very nice. It certainly is a great investment. Even here in the last 20 yrs my house has added nearly 80% to its value. Next year I will demo the barns and rebuild leaving only the slabs. Turn them into a work shop for wood and other projects. I’ll get my Amish patients to come over and help raise it up in one weekend. That will add some value as an outbuilding here means the world. But I’ll never sell this will be my final place. Too much blood sweat and tears. I’ve redone every room in the house from floor to ceiling including plumbing and electric over the years. Hid all sorts of messages and goodies for the kids for when they demolish it when I’m gone ...haha

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha!! Very nice. It certainly is a great investment. Even here in the last 20 yrs my house has added nearly 80% to its value. Next year I will demo the barns and rebuild leaving only the slabs. Turn them into a work shop for wood and other projects. I’ll get my Amish patients to come over and help raise it up in one weekend. That will add some value as an outbuilding here means the world. But I’ll never sell this will be my final place. Too much blood sweat and tears. I’ve redone every room in the house from floor to ceiling including plumbing and electric over the years. Hid all sorts of messages and goodies for the kids for when they demolish it when I’m gone ...haha

Haha... so you think they'll demolish it? May end up being notes for grands and great grans... or another buyer. ;)

Mine as steadily improved by about 10% a year. I did buy it on foreclosure and have put a bunch of work into it. The difference in what I initially paid and what it should have been worth if it had been properly cared for is probably equal to the work I've put in. The growth in value is on top of that. So decent choice. If they change school district lines, which they should, the value will really go through the roof. My neighborhood is literally the furthest corner from the high school it's zoned for and it around a 30 minute drive. There's a high school near enough that we can hear the football games. It's much higher rated and when they rezone, there's a good chance we'll be put there....

I was going to sya, sorry for hijacking the thread... butI think this one has been hijacked a few times... sorry hemm!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha... so you think they'll demolish it? May end up being notes for grands and great grans... or another buyer. ;)

Mine as steadily improved by about 10% a year. I did buy it on foreclosure and have put a bunch of work into it. The difference in what I initially paid and what it should have been worth if it had been properly cared for is probably equal to the work I've put in. The growth in value is on top of that. So decent choice. If they change school district lines, which they should, the value will really go through the roof. My neighborhood is literally the furthest corner from the high school it's zoned for and it around a 30 minute drive. There's a high school near enough that we can hear the football games. It's much higher rated and when they rezone, there's a good chance we'll be put there....

I was going to sya, sorry for hijacking the thread... butI think this one has been hijacked a few times... sorry hemm!
It’s all good! Great minds gather here

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this fireworm/bristleworm in my sump on top of my chaeto. He was a monster. To scary, had to go. Tossed him in the street.
67EACAE5-A705-4A26-8BE6-75EBF52F03AF.jpeg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this fireworm/bristleworm in my sump on top of my chaeto. He was a monster. To scary, had to go. Tossed him in the street.
67EACAE5-A705-4A26-8BE6-75EBF52F03AF.jpeg
Imagine that thing in 5 years! Those things do creep me out

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine that thing in 5 years! Those things do creep me out
This guy was extra creepy. Super fat. I couldn’t allow myself to ID in fear of what offspring this guy had spread throughout my tank. o_O

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy was extra creepy. Super fat. I couldn’t allow myself to ID in fear of what offspring this guy had spread throughout my tank. o_O
Let me let you in on a little secret... the one you found is the offspring. Mama is still lurking in the chaeto. Just remember that next time you stick your hand in. ;Vamp

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back