erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Gyre XF150 that suddenly died on me. Also had a mp10 that the wetside failed on me a second time. So i dumped them both and bought two Tunze 6055s and the 7097 controller. I have a couple of the AC Tunze powerheads that are several years old and working well despite the abuse I cause to them, so I figured I'd try out the DC powerheads. About 8 months in and they are working as well as the day I bought them. Also don't require me to clean them as often as the gyre or mp10.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Gyre XF150 that suddenly died on me. Also had a mp10 that the wetside failed on me a second time. So i dumped them both and bought two Tunze 6055s and the 7097 controller. I have a couple of the AC Tunze powerheads that are several years old and working well despite the abuse I cause to them, so I figured I'd try out the DC powerheads. About 8 months in and they are working as well as the day I bought them. Also don't require me to clean them as often as the gyre or mp10.
Nicee. What kind of programs does the tunze controller offer? Is it as advanced as ecotechs presaved modes like reef crest and stuff?

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, the 7097 software is niiiiiice. When I get home I can pull it up and get a screenshot. You can do whatever you want with it. You can vary the timing on pulses, duty cycle on high and low, etc. It has a wave maker function that steps thru the pulse period and once you see the wave you like, you can stop it and save. I currently have a wave going in my 40B. They also have a storm mode if you want that too. There are other flow options that I haven't tried as well. The 7097 can also control the Tunze LEDs, I think Kessil is their brand.

Total for the two 6055s and the 7097 was $571. Far cheaper than the Maxspect or Ecotech options for the same flow capability. I can't even run the 6055s at max or else they cause a mess.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot of the 7097 software
1575512512548.png

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
top left with yellow centers.....WHAT ARE THOOOOOOSE!!!!
LFS ultra acans, he called them highlighters. Those are my most expensive acan. I got it as a $100 single head. It gets the crazy neon centers in lower light; only the shadowed heads have that now.
I was slacking on the target feeding for awhile, I’ve been doing it the past week or so though. I want to get these back in pristine condition like a few of my other acans that are better at snagging food from the water column.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back