Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be bad luck to get a JF homewrecker on Valentine’s Day, but that’s what just happened! Single polyp, I will nurture the heck out of this gem!
3C3F32D6-1D22-461C-963E-ADC70F952727.jpeg
How in the world do you get 1 polyp?? I like your plates/fungias. My son fragged our green one into 8 if you ever want to trade?
Cheers! Mark

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have only done this to shipped fish from gulping air i believe,hopefully this is the case hitting topwater to escape,is there damage to belly?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How in the world do you get 1 polyp?? I like your plates/fungias. My son fragged our green one into 8 if you ever want to trade?
Cheers! Mark
he only had a 100$ bill on him lol

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to move one of the Lubbocks to the 40b... the carpenter was beating him up really badly. His swim bladder is messed up and swimming upside down. I hope he makes it, so heartbreaking. I hate aggression, it is so frustrating to get healthy fish and they fall victim to aggro. ;Drowning

sorry to hear man, i hate it too. it's so nice when you get a new fish, drop it in, and all of the fish are instantly cool.

i tried to add an azure damsel to my DT a few months back and man, my peaceful little springer damsel was not having it. i had read that people suggest adding more than the current number of damsels, so that's my fault, but i totally thought my springer wouldn't mind. he had that fish tore the hell up in the span of a couple hours. i had to rescue the azure and sump him. where he lives happily today lol. good ol damsels, even tore up that fish didn't mind and ate right after being put in the sump

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers! Mark
Haha it was an accidental frag from Dustin’s HW mini colony. I was over there yesterday and he offered it, so I was willing to give it a try! It had its single polyp out today, so I’ll take that as a good sign!
I’ll consider fragging my fungia at some point, that would be cool to trade. I had a green one when I got this one, but I use to have a gold head sleeper goby that would dump sand on it all day, so it died :(

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha it was an accidental frag from Dustin’s HW mini colony. I was over there yesterday and he offered it, so I was willing to give it a try! It had its single polyp out today, so I’ll take that as a good sign!
I’ll consider fragging my fungia at some point, that would be cool to trade. I had a green one when I got this one, but I use to have a gold head sleeper goby that would dump sand on it all day, so it died :(
That Dustin is so generous!! He brought me up a brain coral and Lyng Sy monti a couple weeks ago.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird thing about fungia corals, if they die leave then in the tank they have been known to pop out babies after you think they have passed.
When you frag them, the new pieces will grow a new mouth so you dont have to try and get a chunk of mouth.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Dustin is so generous!! He brought me up a brain coral and Lyng Sy monti a couple weeks ago.
He really is! He’s like the nicest person I’ve ever met! Love that guy.

That may be a piece of my Leng Sy then, I gave him a large frag a couple months back. That’s so cool if it is!

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the wrasse. Hopefully he pulls through.

one thing that may help in the future when adding a wrasse(s) to a tank that already has some is to use an acclimation box for a few days. This gives you a chance to make sure the existing fish are cool with the new fish coming in. Not a guarantee of success, but will help anyway.

Hopefully your wrasse pulls through. I have had them to where they were laying in their side breathing heavily and had them heal up and live years longer. Good luck.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hemmdog ~ I haven’t visited your build since last summer or so. Got lots of catching up to do. How’s everything going with both your tanks? Last I saw, things were beautiful and gulls were eating your bristledorks.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you consider moving to a calcium rector before you went zeovit?

Colors are Poppin!
Not really for this tank, but my next tank I’m looking at doing a CaRx.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your fish. :(
Thank you, the injured one ended up dying shortly after. But the surviving out is out swimming today. So strange. My carpenters must have just hated that particular one.

Back