Hemmdog’s 90gal Seaciety and 40gal Vale of Shadows

ScottR

Surfing season...
View Badges
Reaction score
So far so good with the zeovit reactor. I lost 20 ppm additional calcium today and lost 0.6dKH from my usual. Time to bump up the doser again!
The tank was awful looking the day I installed the reactor. I was really nervous yesterday after I did all the work; dismantling a year old fuge really stirs up some junk!
9B0B782E-2CC8-4256-8470-A6B0C04F9724.jpeg

I still have more to clean. It’s very difficult to get this sediment out of the sump. If anyone has any ideas please chime in. I have a mj1200 I use for work like that, but it was having difficulty sucking it all up due to clogging with larger pieces of sediment. Every time I shake the zeo reactor junk from the bottom of the sump gets into the display and temporarily clouds it.
31B6B572-ADBC-4ACF-A747-298318723F6D.jpeg
Just get a CaRx. You got room for another big reactor :cool:

OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Birdsnest is a weed. But yours looks nice. Mine looks more like.... an actual bird nest.
Lol, mine is looking a little rough after last night. Note to self, don’t frag in the dark, lol.
47A412BF-0C72-424E-97D5-79D2922289D8.jpeg

Corals.com
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

ScottR

Surfing season...
View Badges
Reaction score
Picked up these with some store credit I had!
E16D6368-6626-40A3-B20B-4ECCE8045B56.jpeg

I’m trying to get them to settle on this rock I had in the 90.
Whoa! Nice colors on those RFAs. I’ve always wanted one. Keep us updated with pics!

OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Whoa! Nice colors on those RFAs. I’ve always wanted one. Keep us updated with pics!
Thanks dude! I love the colors too!
-Will do with the pics, you know me ;) haha

OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They look great! Hopefully you will get lots of babies!
I hope so too! I want to get a few other color variants if I see them. These things are awesome.

Looking for a pink with black tentacles and a black with pink tentacles. I feel I could get some really stunning babies with those colors along with the current ones I have.

crusso1993

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I hope so too! I want to get a few other color variants if I see them. These things are awesome.

Looking for a pink with black tentacles and a black with pink tentacles. I feel I could get some really stunning babies with those colors along with the current ones I have.
I feel RFAs are very often overlooked and underrated. Looking forward to seeing yours open up wide!

OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I feel RFAs are very often overlooked and underrated. Looking forward to seeing yours open up wide!
So true! I overlooked them for years! I don’t know why. I guess I assumed they would wreck havoc on a reef similar to BTA’s. Really loving these guys and the variants they can come in. It’s like Pokémon, gotta catch em’ all! They are opened a little more today, they’ve moved a little bit. Let me grab a pic. It’s peak so it’s more white, they look even more vibrant in ramp down dim UV/blue light.

crusso1993

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So true! I overlooked them for years! I don’t know why. I guess I assumed they would wreck havoc on a reef similar to BTA’s. Really loving these guys and the variants they can come in. It’s like Pokémon, gotta catch em’ all! They are opened a little more today, they’ve moved a little bit. Let me grab a pic. It’s peak so it’s more white, they look even more vibrant in ramp down dim UV/blue light.
I'm not sure if you're familiar with @Ron Reefman and his love of RFAs. I consider him the "go to guy" on all RFA related things.

Ron's tank threads are below and both entirely worth reading. Be careful though as you'll get addicted! ;)

OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're familiar with @Ron Reefman and his love of RFAs. I consider him the "go to guy" on all RFA related things.

Ron's tank threads are below and both entirely worth reading. Be careful though as you'll get addicted! ;)

Yes he does know his RFA’s. His thread about breeding them is actually what peaked my interest in acquiring some!

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Do you think that slowing down the water through your sump benefits the chemistry of your tank?

• Yes (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 63 18.6%
  • No (why do you think that?)

Votes: 84 24.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 185 54.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 2.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors