Hemmdog’s 90gal Seaciety and 40gal Vale of Shadows

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by Hemmdog, Jan 22, 2019.

1. PerplexyHexy

PerplexyHexy Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

If you were closer Id totally help you out... my reefer is still running, but nothing in it... just saw your last post... sorry again man... feel terrible...you handled it well... Im scared for moments like the past week you have had... I do not do well with those types of things... I start to freak out...

2. NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman "listen to the colour of your dreams” R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Glad your power is back brother, but man what a terrible bunch of losses. So sorry on top of the challenges you were already having.

3. Hemmdog

Hemmdog Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Thanks man. Acros are rtning now with the flow back on :(
    On a positive note my 40b looks ok, all fish survived in there. So strange.

Raege, neoGeorge, Katrina71 and 4 others like this.
  4. Hemmdog

Hemmdog Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Thanks man. Pretty sad over here but I’m doing alright. Really sad about my Potter’s wrasse and blue hippo, I really loved those fish.

Raege, Katrina71, najer and 5 others like this.
  5. count krunk

count krunk Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

awful news :(

Honda makes excellent gas generators. You can set it up on the patio or something. They are also very quiet. You could get a small one to run the flow and fridge.

Raege, neoGeorge, Katrina71 and 5 others like this.
  6. RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21 Do It Yourself. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

:(

7. crusso1993

crusso1993 Valuable Member Partner Member 2019 Hospitality Award

A very unfortunate series of events for sure.

So sorry you're having to deal with everything all at once and the losses of your fish. :(

Sending good energy your way.

Raege, neoGeorge, Katrina71 and 4 others like this.
  8. najer

najer Valuable Member

That is awful, sending positive vibes. :(

Raege, Hemmdog, mattzang and 5 others like this.
  9. Katrina71

Katrina71 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Not cool. I'm very sad to read this.:(

10. Katrina71

Katrina71 Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

I'm sorry you lost those guys. A double whammy. Please please don't give up. I know it's hard right now.

11. Lowell Lemon

Lowell Lemon Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Wonder how much your local fish stores lost? It is time for people in California to vote for new representation. Someone willing to keep the lights on and hold PG&E accountable or break them up and sell them off. Their current plan of cutting the power ever time a wind blows is going to cost lives.
    Sorry for your loss.

12. Katrina71

IMG_20190414_192611914.jpg This has been great for us! @dantimdad makes an awesome mount for it!!!

13. 12gallonsofhex

12gallonsofhex Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

+1 I hope you dont throw in the towel. I would be throwing body hammers across the shop if I was going through this. I feel for you man.

14. Hemmdog

Good call. I’m going to get a few of those and a generator this week. I was thinking, my neighbors most likely wouldn’t complain over a generator sound if they knew it was keeping animals alive. A few more fish came out of hiding in my 90. My yellow watchman and my Firefish came out. It’s interesting that my original fish were the ones that made it, the ones that I originally had in my biocube before my 90.

crusso1993, Raege, mattzang and 3 others like this.
  15. Hemmdog

Thanks brother. Not throwing in the towel just yet.

crusso1993, Raege, mattzang and 3 others like this.
  16. Hemmdog

Very true! They are the worst. What was really torturous was listening to the workers small talk while standing around not fixing anything, I heard all about boxing, overheard some bad financial advice they were giving each other, and finally a long 30 minute debate over is Selena Gomez really going to make a come back in the music industry. All that while my fish are gasping for air and having mini seizures. So sad & frustrating. PG&E is the worst.

17. Bleigh

Bleigh Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Oh no! This makes me so sad. I am so sorry this happened. Extensive battery back ups should be added to the list of "must haves" for a reef system. Hopefully most everything still in the tank swings back around! Fingers crossed.

18. Hemmdog

Very true. Yea it’s really cloudy in my 90 today which doesn’t seem to be a good sign. Hopefully things will turn around. How’s your tank?

najer, crusso1993, Raege and 2 others like this.
  19. Bleigh

Bleigh Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

How hot did the tank end up getting? Hopefully it's not too bad. My corals were really angry for a few days, but didn't end up losing anything - some are still a little dissatisfied looking, but they're not dead. I also don't have any sps, so there's that. I also have TONS of new heads. I know that many plants reproduce after stress events, and some will not reproduce without stress events. Most healthy plants that aren't flowering are in conditions that are so good, they don't get triggered to reproduce, aka flower. Make those conditions slightly less good and suddenly, you'll get tons of flowers.

That seemed to be the case for my corals - lots of babies everywhere. Hopefully that will happen for your corals too.

20. Hemmdog

Wow that’s an awesome observation and super accurate now that I think about it. I have noticed that too in the past :) . My temp controller (ranco) said it was 89 when the power turned back on. Then 6 hours later down to 82. Now it’s back at it’s normal 78. My austera (sps) is 80% rtned, my big birdsnest colony is stning on the tips. My stag has a little stn on its main body. I think it’s slowing down; but I was getting worried there for awhile I’d wake up to a tank full of white sticks. Lol

crusso1993, Raege, Katrina71 and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted