Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Anniversary.

Tank looks great, but I feel like you should definitely think about going shallower next round!
Thanks! For sure, this tank was a deal when I was looking at my upgrade, I couldn’t pass it up, and at the time didn’t have the patience to wait it out on Craigslist for a used 625xl or something similar. I couldn’t justify getting a new 625 if I was going to immediately swap out the sump, plumbing and all that. This 90 works for now. The overflow being in the tank is my biggest complaint, followed by the middle brace, it really messes up lighting options. My next big build will be epic.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the salty pets looking?
They were good earlier but our nearby transformer blew and now we have a power outage. It’s been super hot and everyone is using their AC now, must have overloaded it. So my tanks are all sitting stagnant at the moment and the temp inside my place is rapidly climbing. Praying for a quick fix. Last time this happened I lost half my sps. I also wasn’t taking care of a velvet outbreak. Not the best timing PG&E.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, man. What next? That is something I dont have a contingency for yet, except renting a generator. I'm believing the power will be back soon. If its just a transformer, PGand E is usually quick with that. Sending good vibes.
Thanks man.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that's not ideal. hope they get it going quick

i saw on facebook today that PG&E (or for me socal edison) is apparently going to have a quick trigger finger this summer and if there are fires they're going to turn off power for up to two days this summer. so.... i'm not holding out hope my tank will be doing too hot by this fall. apparently they already did this in norcal once for two days. hopefully this was some good old fake news propagated by facebook idiots, but ugh. i can't imagine people will be too happy when they turn off power when it's 110, everyone loses everything in their fridge/freezer and they get to roast for 2 days without power

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were good earlier but our nearby transformer blew and now we have a power outage. It’s been super hot and everyone is using their AC now, must have overloaded it. So my tanks are all sitting stagnant at the moment and the temp inside my place is rapidly climbing. Praying for a quick fix. Last time this happened I lost half my sps. I also wasn’t taking care of a velvet outbreak. Not the best timing PG&E.

Well, that's a real kick! You may have to go get a small, rental generator, chain it to something out your back door and run a couple extension cords while adding ice bags to your tank. Hope the power is back on soon.

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get yourself a marine deep cell cycle battery, a tender, and a power inverter. Fully charged, mine can run the mag 5 return, and 2 mp10’s for about 3 days. The only catch is you have to be there to set it up. I’m in a condo, so generator isn’t an option, but we lost power for 3 days last year from tropical storms, and I’m not taking any chances!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power is still out. The tanks are looking rough.
Get in line to sue PG&E but expect the state of California to protect them....again. Dude move out of that state and avoid Seattle, Portland, Boise and Las Vegas cause that will soon be the new California due to current migration patterns.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you rent a generator for the tanks? May have to call an out of town rental company. Somewhere the power is not out.
The Bay Area is having brownouts all over . I also live in a condo and am not allowed to have gas generators in my neighborhood :( Good idea though. I have icecap battery back up for my powerheads on my 90, but my 40b and hospital tank have no protection. Abt was dead in the hospital tank when I woke up. Should of left them in the 90...

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back