PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were closer Id totally help you out... my reefer is still running, but nothing in it... just saw your last post... sorry again man... feel terrible...you handled it well... Im scared for moments like the past week you have had... I do not do well with those types of things... I start to freak out...

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your power is back brother, but man what a terrible bunch of losses. So sorry on top of the challenges you were already having.

Thanks man. Acros are rtning now with the flow back on :(
On a positive note my 40b looks ok, all fish survived in there. So strange.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you were closer Id totally help you out... my reefer is still running, but nothing in it... just saw your last post... sorry again man... feel terrible...you handled it well... Im scared for moments like the past week you have had... I do not do well with those types of things... I start to freak out...
Thanks man. Pretty sad over here but I’m doing alright. Really sad about my Potter’s wrasse and blue hippo, I really loved those fish.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very unfortunate series of events for sure.

So sorry you're having to deal with everything all at once and the losses of your fish. :(

Sending good energy your way.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power just turned back on. I lost everything except my yellow tang, black leopard wrasse, and a green chromis. Worst day ever.

Wonder how much your local fish stores lost? It is time for people in California to vote for new representation. Someone willing to keep the lights on and hold PG&E accountable or break them up and sell them off. Their current plan of cutting the power ever time a wind blows is going to cost lives.
Sorry for your loss.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20190414_192611914.jpg
This has been great for us! @dantimdad makes an awesome mount for it!!!

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you lost those guys. A double whammy. Please please don't give up. I know it's hard right now.
+1 I hope you dont throw in the towel. I would be throwing body hammers across the shop if I was going through this. I feel for you man.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190414_192611914.jpg
This has been great for us! @dantimdad makes an awesome mount for it!!!
Good call. I’m going to get a few of those and a generator this week. I was thinking, my neighbors most likely wouldn’t complain over a generator sound if they knew it was keeping animals alive. A few more fish came out of hiding in my 90. My yellow watchman and my Firefish came out. It’s interesting that my original fish were the ones that made it, the ones that I originally had in my biocube before my 90.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 I hope you dont throw in the towel. I would be throwing body hammers across the shop if I was going through this. I feel for you man.
Thanks brother. Not throwing in the towel just yet.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder how much your local fish stores lost? It is time for people in California to vote for new representation. Someone willing to keep the lights on and hold PG&E accountable or break them up and sell them off. Their current plan of cutting the power ever time a wind blows is going to cost lives.
Sorry for your loss.
Very true! They are the worst. What was really torturous was listening to the workers small talk while standing around not fixing anything, I heard all about boxing, overheard some bad financial advice they were giving each other, and finally a long 30 minute debate over is Selena Gomez really going to make a come back in the music industry. All that while my fish are gasping for air and having mini seizures. So sad & frustrating. PG&E is the worst.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! This makes me so sad. I am so sorry this happened. Extensive battery back ups should be added to the list of "must haves" for a reef system. Hopefully most everything still in the tank swings back around! Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! This makes me so sad. I am so sorry this happened. Extensive battery back ups should be added to the list of "must haves" for a reef system. Hopefully most everything still in the tank swings back around! Fingers crossed.
Very true. Yea it’s really cloudy in my 90 today which doesn’t seem to be a good sign. Hopefully things will turn around. How’s your tank?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true. Yea it’s really cloudy in my 90 today which doesn’t seem to be a good sign. Hopefully things will turn around. How’s your tank?

How hot did the tank end up getting? Hopefully it's not too bad. My corals were really angry for a few days, but didn't end up losing anything - some are still a little dissatisfied looking, but they're not dead. I also don't have any sps, so there's that. I also have TONS of new heads. I know that many plants reproduce after stress events, and some will not reproduce without stress events. Most healthy plants that aren't flowering are in conditions that are so good, they don't get triggered to reproduce, aka flower. Make those conditions slightly less good and suddenly, you'll get tons of flowers.

That seemed to be the case for my corals - lots of babies everywhere. Hopefully that will happen for your corals too.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back