ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe even more. I payed a small fortune for my original live rock live from Fiji that was in my biocube now 40b. I think it was $400 for like 35 pounds lol.
You should get big brutes and start seeding rock just for when that 800 comes about.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was assuming a bulk discount, $5-6 a pound.
True. What are people doing these days who aren’t using the quarried stuff with big tanks? I can’t find legit dry live rock anywhere anymore.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. What are people doing these days who aren’t using the quarried stuff with big tanks? I can’t find legit dry live rock anywhere anymore.
Same here! No dry rock anywhere. I bought the very last piece a few months ago because it was the last piece. 1lb only ;Rage Everyone in my reef club keeps asking for dry rock. It’s gonna end up be $50 a lb soon.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should get big brutes and start seeding rock just for when that 800 comes about.
I have some time.. with real estate prices here I’m about 3-5 million dollars away from this dream tank.. :( lol. A 1500 sqft modest house is 1.5-2 but that won’t fit a monster tank. A man can dream...

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some time.. with real estate prices here I’m about 3-5 million dollars away from this dream tank.. :( lol. A 1500 sqft modest house is 1.5-2 but that won’t fit a monster tank. A man can dream...
Sad. 4-500 sq ft in Hong Kong is $500,000 at the cheapest. Around $1m if you want a nicer apartment. Not many houses available. Our place is <400 sq ft. We rent for $2000 US a month. :(

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not all bad. I am getting into real estate here. My wife’s family is well established in the area so I’ll be working with their company. 2.5% commission per buy or sell on those prices isn’t that many sales until 800gal build thread :)
Few years, I can do it, I have faith in me. :D

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not all bad. I am getting into real estate here. My wife’s family is well established in the area so I’ll be working with their company. 2.5% commission per buy or sell on those prices isn’t that many sales until 800gal build thread :)
Few years, I can do it, I have faith in me. :D
That’s a great business to be in. :D

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought all my dry rock off amazon for like 45 - 50 bucks 40 pounds. It’s not really the best though but good enough for me
I saw someone on here recently set up a tank with beautiful dry rock from amazon. I like it because they look uniform in design and porousness. I have indo live rock and dry rock from different places. It took a long time for the algae to kind of mask their difference in color and look.

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock came in 4 huge boulders; probably 10+ lbs a piece. Had to split them to have a decent looking aquascape.

IMG_5415.jpg

After I split them:
IMG_5412.jpg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, @ScottR we covered HK live in my show this morning with a reporter live on the scene. National news broadcast.
Oh really? Wow. Everyone is expecting the Chinese army to come marching in. They’re already in HK and they have a huge caravan just across the border.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow! What are they protesting over? The dumb news here only seems to cover things about the president and make us seem like the only country with problems.
@Hemmdog stop wasting your time on local news, LOL!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@NY_Caveman Here’s a video that the Chinese army released on social media that sparked lots of anger here. Shooting and rounding up protesters. It’s really ridiculous. Who shoots up their own people?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, @ScottR we covered HK live in my show this morning with a reporter live on the scene. National news broadcast.
Btw, if you need pics or anything, let me know. Perhaps I can help further your career. :D

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, if you need pics or anything, let me know. Perhaps I can help further your career. :D
Ha! I am technical crew. Not editorial. If you ever snap anything crazy though, absolutely PM me.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I am technical crew. Not editorial. If you ever snap anything crazy though, absolutely PM me.
Sure thing. I’ve never been in the thicket of it but seen the aftermath. We have a place called goldfish street which is where I get all of my goods. Lots of LFS there. I went last week one day after violent protests. I got some pics of graffiti all over the roads. And one person cut some of the power line for the traffic lights and in what is said as the most densely populated district in the world, was brought to a traffic nightmare. No traffic cops even. Made my journey a nightmare.

Back