Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank almost overflowed today. The ato line must have siphoned since it fell into the water. Salinity dropped to 1.021, so I did a water change and raised it up to 1.024. I also added some salt to the ato reservoir so hopefully it’ll raise the salinity back up to 1.026. Everything looks fine though. Whew!

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently it was the list of fish he already had...I made the same mistake too lol
Lol, you and @Bleigh are like my kids. Skimming thought the list and calling out fish Chris already has. Thanks for the chuckle.

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank almost overflowed today. The ato line must have siphoned since it fell into the water. Salinity dropped to 1.021, so I did a water change and raised it up to 1.024. I also added some salt to the ato reservoir so hopefully it’ll raise the salinity back up to 1.026. Everything looks fine though. Whew!
close call good save!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good catch !

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, you and @Bleigh are like my kids. Skimming thought the list and calling out fish Chris already has. Thanks for the chuckle.
I actually made that mistake when he posted that too. I thought it was a shopping list ;Hilarious

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good catch. I would’ve just sprinkled some salt in... no, just joking. Don’t do that. I wonder how many people out there have done that before to bring salinity up. It’s always a good idea to have at least 10% of back up water for emergencies.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good catch. I would’ve just sprinkled some salt in... no, just joking. Don’t do that. I wonder how many people out there have done that before to bring salinity up. It’s always a good idea to have at least 10% of back up water for emergencies.
Lol true. I did see some mod adds salt to his filter sock if the salinity is low. I thought that was questionable, maybe it’s ok, who knows!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im re designing my home office to have the tank part of the decor. It will have glowing LED insets so i can change the "mood"
That sounds awesome! What shape tank are you doing?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol true. I did see some mod adds salt to his filter sock if the salinity is low. I thought that was questionable, maybe it’s ok, who knows!
If it works, it works. But salt takes a long time to dissolve completely. Supposedly Red Sea blue bucket takes a whole day to completely dissolve. I’d bet you’d have alk swings depending on how much is added.

Back