OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a water change and cleaned the powerheads on the 40b today, it was long overdue. Hopefully my bta’s start looking normal soon. I can’t figure these things out. All coral is happy and growing but the nems are super thin and don’t look healthy at all. I feed them twice a week.
E1F855CE-BF5C-4FEE-9E4C-B40918002CD2.jpeg

Any suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve narrowed down my dart frog search some. I’m going to do Tinc’s, not positive which ones exactly but I’m leaning towards New River’s
77598810-6822-4044-ADC6-F6B99662BE8B.jpeg

This plant selection process is hard too, almost harder than coral selection! I want them all!
DAF15A5D-9548-4A49-8E94-D66F61A12C22.png

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that, though I have never had a problem with this, crypts have heavily serrated leaves. so with a lot of them in the tank, it could be a possibility that your frogs could get scraped a bit. Like I said though, I have never had a problem with it, but it might be something to concider.
Good luck and God bless!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that shadow. But it’s done!
38206C59-8355-4D05-9D05-1E9F4812B674.jpeg

I just need to blow off the extra cocofiber/peat moss in the morning and let it sit for a day or two, then it’s ready for substrate and plants!
This was so much easier than I thought it was going to be!
@PerplexyHexy dooooo ittttt

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just need to blow off the extra cocofiber/peat moss in the morning and let it sit for a day or two, then it’s ready for substrate and plants!
Stop... you dirty hobby pusher!!!

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually thinking of stepping away from the hobby for a bit bud... Work just got super crazy and we had to sign commitment papers today because were so back logged with everything going on... They are already planning ahead for work when everything goes back to semi normal again... So, there is no way I can keep up with my setup and commit to traveling for work... pretty much made the decision today... probably gonna start finding places for all my stuff and breaking everything down... It sucks, but I just can’t do both

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually thinking of stepping away from the hobby for a bit bud... Work just got super crazy and we had to sign commitment papers today because were so back logged with everything going on... They are already planning ahead for work when everything goes back to semi normal again... So, there is no way I can keep up with my setup and commit to traveling for work... pretty much made the decision today... probably gonna start finding places for all my stuff and breaking everything down... It sucks, but I just can’t do both
Aww man! I’m sorry to hear that but I understand. That must have been a hard decision. Keep your pumps and lights so you can start up again when things slow down and return to normal! You are a good reefer, dude.

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww man! I’m sorry to hear that but I understand. That must have been a hard decision. Keep your pumps and lights so you can start up again when things slow down and return to normal! You are a good reefer, dude.
Im keeping everything... I have a massive attic... only stuff thats gotta go is fish/coral... I have a dude that loves down the street that is a super awesome guy that said he will take everything... that way when I wanna get back in, I can get a piece of each that I gave him... not a bad break...

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im keeping everything... I have a massive attic... only stuff thats gotta go is fish/coral... I have a dude that loves down the street that is a super awesome guy that said he will take everything... that way when I wanna get back in, I can get a piece of each that I gave him... not a bad break...
That’s great news! Heck yeah man! You can even visit your fish :) That’s a dream scenario man, crush it at work dude! Don’t be a stranger to R2R even without having an active tank ;)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking very good, Chris. I know nothing about these things other than what I've read in your thread and have to say they are really cool. Looking forward to watching yours come alive!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very good, Chris. I know nothing about these things other than what I've read in your thread and have to say they are really cool. Looking forward to watching yours come alive!
Thank you!!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss dude, we had fish loss this week as well.
Aw sorry to hear that man. I try to not get too attached to the fish these day’s. I’ve had so many losses with territorial disputes, the power outage, the velvet back in the day; I’m kind of numb to fish death as sad as that may sound :(
I’m mainly frustrated with myself for forgetting to put the screen top back on. I was in the rush to go trade some monti’s for a JF flame you see... lubbocks jumped while I was gone, I come home to a wet spot on the ground, a missing wrasse, and a happy lookin’ cat.
I really loved that fishes coloring, I hope I can find another one sometime soon. The supply chain of fish seems to be a little squirrelly these days.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to not get too attached to the fish these day’s. I’ve had so many losses with territorial disputes, the power outage, the velvet back in the day; I’m kind of numb to fish death as sad as that may sound
Same here.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back