Heni in trouble in DT

Quarryshark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All. my heni who went through a full QT with a prazzi treatment as well as 30 days of CP has developed a bad case of popeye in my DT. It has progressively gotten worse in the last 3 days and the eye has a bubble in it now. She’s been in the DT for more than two months and none of my other fish (all have been properly quarrentined) are showing any signs. Could she still have flukes even though I treated her properly?
My first though is to move her and treat with erithromycin since it’s just one eye.
my QT tank has fish in CP treatment right now, so I can’t put her there and my invert QT has a group of inverts in there as well, so I have no where to put her unless I get another tank and I don’t even know where I could put a 4th.
Thoughts? TIA
5B96413A-FC51-4510-9286-ED8D6FA60AF3.jpeg
605331F3-C37C-4638-9BC1-A02F30398801.jpeg

OP
OP
Quarryshark

Quarryshark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side note my LFS recommended treating the DT with either triple sulpha or melafix. Anyone have experience with either of these treatments?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you see a shiny bubble like that in just one eye, it is almost always caused by mechanical trauma, not bacteria, so antibiotics won’t help. If both eyes and/or other fish were affected, it could be from supersaturation. If it becomes milky/cloudy then an infection is more likely.
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back