Henry C's 90 gal. slice

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I'd post some pics of my little slice of the ocean. The tank has been up for about 3 yrs. About 6 months ago it crashed pretty hard and I lost almost everything. A few pieces made it and from some of my colonies I was able to save frags of them. I cooked all of the rock that I could and started over. Lighting is 2x175 15k xm's and 2 T-5 super blues. I have a 20 gallon sump with some live rock a modified scum sucker skimmer and an OR 6500 return pump that feeds into 3/4 pvc that splits into the back corners. For added flow I have 2 K3's. The T-5's run for 14 hrs. and the M/H run for 10 hrs. I have a reefkeeper2 controller which runs everything. I add BRS 2 part and drip kalkawasser from a food grade 5 gal. bucket. So here's a few pics.. Comments are welcome as always..Thanks for looking:bigsmile:
rightside:
IMG_3357.jpg

leftside:
IMG_3360.jpg

FTS:
IMG_3363.jpg

Random:
IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to add I will be upgrading my lights to LED's in a few weeks......WOOT!!!!!

Uninja

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what a wonderful tank! im sorry about the lack of comments. im sorry to hear ure tank crashed that must have been stressful. how big is ure tank?

ReefMP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looked great, I like the scape. I was going to suggest scraping the glass, the scape and corals would pop like crazy...then I read your comment, sorry to hear about the crash....the good news is you're rebuilding. Good luck.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to add I will be upgrading my lights to LED's in a few weeks......WOOT!!!!!
awesome! which LED set up did you go with?

sorry to hear about the crash but I'm glad you were able to salvage some corals. at least you'll have some to start with.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank and setup. Congrats on the LED upgrade...i cant wait to do that myself. Nices pics of your tang, looks really healthy!!

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of sps is that in pic #4 on the left? I got a frag that the colors look to be the same it had no name when I got it & i have trouble id'ing it I'm getting LEDs in a few weeks also from Luke I think that is gonna pop big time as it is already intense under the MH

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looked great, I like the scape. I was going to suggest scraping the glass, the scape and corals would pop like crazy...then I read your comment, sorry to hear about the crash....the good news is you're rebuilding. Good luck.
The tank is an in wall in my man cave in the basement. Didn't want anyone to look at my furnace and all my other junk....

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome! which LED set up did you go with?

sorry to hear about the crash but I'm glad you were able to salvage some corals. at least you'll have some to start with.

I think i'm gonna go with the evolution leds with the optic lenses..

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of sps is that in pic #4 on the left? I got a frag that the colors look to be the same it had no name when I got it & i have trouble id'ing it I'm getting LEDs in a few weeks also from Luke I think that is gonna pop big time as it is already intense under the MH

I had the same problem getting an id on it. Everyone keeps saying tort but I don't agree...Yeah I think alot of stuff in my tank will pop under leds...

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a huge meteor shower! hope everything works out for you.

Thanks, I bought it from WWC almost 2 yrs. ago and has been a steady grower from the beginning...

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my tank crashed from the substrate being exhausted. I would get green algae on the crushed coral after I vacuumed within four days. Checked and double checked my params and everything was good. Did lots of water changes and nothing helped...Then I started losing fish and then all of my monti's died and then my efflo died and so on....

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 more weeks till the lights come in i'm pschyed!!!

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my lights last friday. They rock!!!! posted some pics in the photography forum but will put some on this thread.. need a little more work on taking pics with the new lights...They are alot brighter then the lights I was running before...

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice restart! Man you have some coralline algae in your tank.. I haven't been able to grow that ever! How are your corals responding to the new lights??

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice restart! Man you have some coralline algae in your tank.. I haven't been able to grow that ever! How are your corals responding to the new lights??

Thanks...some areas are pretty thick up to an 1/8th of an inch.
The corals seem to be responding very well.I started with 4 hours the first day and then 5 the second and have been at 6 since monday. Tomorrow i'll move them up to 7 hrs. a day for the weekend and then 8 hrs. a day on monday. They have colored up real nice.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful. That's a pretty quick ramp up. Do you happen to have access to a PAR meter?

CJ

OP
OP
Henry C

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful. That's a pretty quick ramp up. Do you happen to have access to a PAR meter?

CJ
Yes, doing some testing this morning..I'll post the results after ......

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back