Heres my very first marine aquarium!!!

Baebae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my 10g May 9th of this year. I started with 9lbs of live rock and sand, and let it cycle for about 3 weeks (I was excited and rushed everything, but so far it's been okay) before putting in a domino damsel. I know he's way too big, but he wasn't a forever fish lol. He was fine so I got a cleanup crew. Within a few more weeks, I collected a bunch of beginner corals (some different zoas, a bicolor octospawn, a hammer, a fingerprint bubble and a few other small frags). The damsel (we called him Reaper lol) started getting agressive so we took him back to the lfs. After that, I got some fish (over time ofc), including a green banded goby, a helfrichi firefish, a yellow clown goby and a misbar mocha clownfish. (Ik its a bit overstocked, but a few days ago I set up a 25g aquatop, so they're home will hopefully be upgraded soon!). Sadly, i noticed ick on my fish two days ago. My roommate did some research and found that hydrogen peroxide helps.. and it did! Overnight the ick fell off. Im still going to treat it ofc, but Im waiting for the new tank to cycle before moving all my corals. And then ill treat with copper in the 10g. Also... my wallet is sad but I just ordered a pack of torches!! I'm super excited! ‍♀️♀️ I'll post an update about that when they arrive and settle. About the ick though, if anyone has any tips, it would be appreciated!

Anyways, thats about everything about my tanks! Thanks for reading

20210613_142920.jpg 20210613_142922.jpg 20210623_151249.jpg IMG_8631.jpg IMG_8706.jpg IMG_8656.jpg IMG_8659.jpg IMG_8693.jpg IMG_8703.jpg IMG_8701.jpg FullSizeR.jpg 20210611_171020.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my 10g May 9th of this year. I started with 9lbs of live rock and sand, and let it cycle for about 3 weeks (I was excited and rushed everything, but so far it's been okay) before putting in a domino damsel. I know he's way too big, but he wasn't a forever fish lol. He was fine so I got a cleanup crew. Within a few more weeks, I collected a bunch of beginner corals (some different zoas, a bicolor octospawn, a hammer, a fingerprint bubble and a few other small frags). The damsel (we called him Reaper lol) started getting agressive so we took him back to the lfs. After that, I got some fish (over time ofc), including a green banded goby, a helfrichi firefish, a yellow clown goby and a misbar mocha clownfish. (Ik its a bit overstocked, but a few days ago I set up a 25g aquatop, so they're home will hopefully be upgraded soon!). Sadly, i noticed ick on my fish two days ago. My roommate did some research and found that hydrogen peroxide helps.. and it did! Overnight the ick fell off. Im still going to treat it ofc, but Im waiting for the new tank to cycle before moving all my corals. And then ill treat with copper in the 10g. Also... my wallet is sad but I just ordered a pack of torches!! I'm super excited! ‍♀️♀️ I'll post an update about that when they arrive and settle. About the ick though, if anyone has any tips, it would be appreciated!

20210613_142920.jpg 20210613_142922.jpg 20210623_151249.jpg IMG_8631.jpg IMG_8706.jpg IMG_8656.jpg IMG_8659.jpg IMG_8693.jpg IMG_8703.jpg IMG_8701.jpg FullSizeR.jpg 20210611_171020.jpg
Tip for marine ich is frequent small water changes siphoning QT bottom to help break cycle. If you do internet search, then you'll find lots of info out there

PeterZammetti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is not a Marine Aquarium...ITS A REEF! Grats! looking good. Make sure you take photos and videos of every tank in the future. Some of us were doing it before cell phones! };->

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back