Here's to a better Reef Aquarium in 2022! What can you do to make that happen?

Do you have reef tank goals for 2022?

• I have a goal but no plan in place

Votes: 179 19.1%
  • I have a goal and a plan in place to get there

Votes: 409 43.6%
  • I haven't thought about a goal but now will consider it

Votes: 91 9.7%
  • I'm flying by the seat of my pants in 2022

Votes: 260 27.7%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We all want a more thriving reef tank! We all want coral to grow abundantly and colorfully, for our fish to be healthy, to have a more stress free saltwater aquarium. So how do we press towards that goal in 2022? What can we do better? What are some things that you know you can be better at? Let's talk about it today!

1. What are some things YOU PERSONALLY can do better to have a more thriving reef tank in 2022?

2. What are some of your personal reef tank goals for 2022?

reef tank success board.jpg

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. Work on biome. ( dinos killed many of my corals last year, cyno was ugly and annoying... just all around difficult with dry rocks over last 18 months.)
  2. Get that pH up. Plan on running a fresh air line outside.
  3. If all goes well add corals.
  4. Add more fish.

That's my plan, but the tank and it's inhabitants likely have their own plan. So I'm sure I'll default to flying by the seat of my pants.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
my goal is to continue having proper husbandry/consistent testing. i don't do water changes in my 40B, so testing is very important to monitor nutrients and trace elements.

currently, all corals, except my jf aquaman are doing great(the monti is receding, so i may do an iodine dip and hope its a bacterial infection.)

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone reading my response, including myself, needs to completely understand from a husbandry skills level how to balance bacteria in their own tank.

From avoiding excessive bacterial outbreaks that could have been avoided with good knowledge

To avoiding wiping out all nutrients to the point where your ultra ultra ULNS is starving your coral

We all need to do better READING and STUDYING bacteria in depth

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to start putting a little more effort in getting rid of some hitchhikers and problems I have. While letting things happen is something I have strongly promoted, I also need to step in when necessary. It’s that fine line between caring too much and caring too little. I find being a tad on the side of caring too little is best, but not to the point where you aren’t proactive to combat problems that are of high significance.

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m in a ongoing mission to eradicate Dino’s in my sand. I’ve tried all the tricks. They leave and come back. So my new plan is to install a large algae scrubber and see if I can’t convince them to live in there.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We all want a more thriving reef tank! We all want coral to grow abundantly and colorfully, for our fish to be healthy, to have a more stress free saltwater aquarium. So how do we press towards that goal in 2022? What can we do better? What are some things that you know you can be better at? Let's talk about it today!

1. What are some things YOU PERSONALLY can do better to have a more thriving reef tank in 2022?

Going to try much harder to keep my hands out of my tanks!!
If You Say So Whatever GIF by Matt Cutshall

mslabonik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1. Regular maintenance and testing.

2. I need to be more dedicated to regular water changes and testing!

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goal is to rid my display of caulerpa, my plan is to use flucanzole doubling up the dosage. My tank is on auto pilot so if I just get rid of the caulerpa I’ll never need to put my hands in !

Attachments

• E40EF355-E96B-4398-AB27-863F7302F127.jpeg
    E40EF355-E96B-4398-AB27-863F7302F127.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 92

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
People thinking they can make plans for their tanks....LOL that's cute. I remember being new and thinking this way. ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Trust me, your tank will tell you your plans when it feels like it. It's best to be prepared.

Oh, but my goal is to setup the new 250 peninsula

Back