Here's to a better Reef Aquarium in 2022! What can you do to make that happen?

Do you have reef tank goals for 2022?

• I have a goal but no plan in place

Votes: 179 19.1%
  • I have a goal and a plan in place to get there

Votes: 409 43.6%
  • I haven't thought about a goal but now will consider it

Votes: 91 9.7%
  • I'm flying by the seat of my pants in 2022

Votes: 260 27.7%

• Total voters

Kayanarka

Peg Leg Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to work on my water changing system. I am thinking of trying to get some large tanks installed in my crawl space, maybe RV tanks with remote level sensors inside the house. It would be awesome to just put a hose in the tank to fill it instead of dragging buckets all over the place.

I voted goal with no plan because I am not 100% sure how I would do it. I would need to insulate and heat my crawl space atleast to 50F, and set up some sort of CO tool box to turn on and off RO/DI, transfer pumps, mixing pumps ect, as well as have some way to get salt into the mixing tank.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks very much. This helps quite a bit. I have a small tank and as one member said here I flew by the seat of my pants totally ignorant of everything. Lost a lot of coral $$$, plus did not make me feel very responsible. So trying to avoid the same results. Start slow, and eventually get brave enough to try SPS, and LPS again. Right now in my small tank have mushrooms orange violet, and green which breed like rabbits, and a leather which I have split twice now
Found Wikipediae very helpful

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean up my wiring behind the tank. Be more disciplined about water changes. (I currently do them about once every 10 days). Remove my bubble algae infestation (it's starting to disappear!). Muck around with the tank less - let everything be and see what happens.

ninjahreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you received your aquarium?
Not yet, I received an email yesterday stating that it will arrive either sooner or before the end of February due to port delays. Kinda bummed, but just gives me more to be excited about.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back