OP
Hermie

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just accidentally overdosed about 2 gallons of kalkwasser.
It happened from 9am until probably 4 pm via a very slow dosing pump.

Alkalinity tested at 7.5 dKH oddly... I am mixing up 10 gallons of new saltwater to do a waterchange and help bring the parameters back into baseline.

OP
OP
Hermie

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just Tested:

• Salinity 33 ppt

• Alkalinity just over 10 dKH

I've unplugged the Kalkwasser until the Alk drops, aiming for around 8 dKH.

I am also mixing up 10 gallons of new saltwater which I will over-salinate (+191 grams of salt) to bring the main tank back up to 35 ppt. Normally I would simply replace evaporated water with saltwater to slowly raise the salinity however I did that in the past few weeks and it did not achieve the higher salinity as I intended so I am going to go with a more acute change this time.

Corals have been showing signs of stress as the tank experienced Dinos and the salinity drop in the past several months. I need to get the parameters back to the normal range before more dye off occurs. The water change should also bring the Alkalinity down but that's not a guarantee.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hermie

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2153.JPG

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back