Hermit crabs that eat Bergia?

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title suggest hermit crabs that eat bergia? I introduced 25 1/2 inch bergia about 3 weeks ago. At first they were destroying aiptasia really fast. The whole left side of tank is near aiptasia free now. But, after the first week they seemed to have slowed down a lot. I did see one at night about a week ago. Now about the hermit crabs. They are different near all of them. I purchased them from reef cleaners. There are about 25 left in main display and some are fairly big. I feed the tank a lot everyday to try and keep some pho’s and nitrates in system. Also to keep the big hermits happy. Is it common for the hermits to eat the bergia?

Edit: there is no other livestock in tank besides 2 fire shrimp and biota mandarin

OP
OP
feelingfishy

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand they will perish eventually. The tank is 330 gallon with about 100+ aiptasia on the right side now. Plus some more aiptasia in the sand bed and back glass. They should not be dead yet. From what I have seen they move fairly quickly. They could very well still be eating the ones i can’t see.

OP
OP
feelingfishy

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did notice one more aiptasia gone next to my pulsing Xenia this morning.. But, it seems to have slowed down a lot. I want them to take out the one literally touching my toadstool. It was one of the only aiptasia they missed on the left side.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did notice one more aiptasia gone next to my pulsing Xenia this morning.. But, it seems to have slowed down a lot. I want them to take out the one literally touching my toadstool. It was one of the only aiptasia they missed on the left side.

I recently put 25 Nudis In my 300 gallon system all 25 one in the same spot into a hollow rock that I felt was good protection for them to breed also had lots of apple Tasia in it and around it for the first 23 days I seen them in and out of the rock now two weeks later I don’t see any in my app Tasia has stopped disappearing. Now with that being said I have a crazy over abundance of Micro brittle starfish and I heard they eat Nudis

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Know what I’m $500 into them and I can’t see them anymore and they’re not doing anything if they’re there and if they’re gone the couple thousand micro brittle stars I have are eating them how do I get rid of the brittle stars first and then have to buy another $500 worth of Nudis smh

OP
OP
feelingfishy

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer yea, luckily I don’t have any hitchhikers like that. But, I did read on one of the websites that brittlestars can eat them. I don’t know about micro brittles though.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer yea, luckily I don’t have any hitchhikers like that. But, I did read on one of the websites that brittlestars can eat them. I don’t know about micro brittles though.
That was why I read aswell and I’m also not sure about the micro variety

OP
OP
feelingfishy

feelingfishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the responses. I still am curious to know if any of the hermits will eat the berghia. The biggest ones I have put into the refugium just in case.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back