OP
OP
H

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I noticed is the shops near me that are most well know are more expensive. Litterally the same coral but with a made up name mixed with the store name or initials +$$ and sometimes +$$$ like they invented the dang thing.
I was in my favorite LFS and had a group of guys walk in and ask the name of the Acan and the shop owner said " I can tell you the official name, Acanthastrea, but in regards to the community name I couldnt tell ya" and they said "Well we just want name brand coral so if you dont have any were sorry" and walked out

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in my favorite LFS and had a group of guys walk in and ask the name of the Acan and the shop owner said " I can tell you the official name, Acanthastrea, but in regards to the community name I couldnt tell ya" and they said "Well we just want name brand coral so if you dont have any were sorry" and walked out

That's stupid. If it looks cool get it, love it and if you fee the need name it yourself.

OP
OP
H

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the LFS that is relocating is having their big grand opening sale Saturday, so I am hopping to walk away with some fish, maybe a cool new invert, but also with enough money left over for a possible BRS or MD Sale on Monday. I am also in desperate need of a WC, it just sucks having the only person with AF Salt being an hour away without traffic, it would be suicide going there during the week with the rush hour. I need to start mixing my own salt..

OP
OP
H

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new additions to the tank this weekend thanks to the new LFS. One lightning clown, one naked clown, one target/spotted mandarin, and a bottle full of "Junkie Juice" which is a bunch of pods. I also got a steal on a SPS colony and some free water. Will post photos soon

OP
OP
H

HeulittSalmi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been awhile since I have updated. In the two weeks or so that its been, My Indo Elegance slowly died. Its flesh peeled off more and more each day so I took it out and placed it in my QT where it just gave up, it was a tough loss but I knew it was a gamble from the start. However, thats just my second coral loss in the tank so far, until my nem detached from my rock and decided he wanted to sting my red monti cap, then he promptly moved back to behind my rocks.

Since losing the two corals, I have started testing my Alk and Calc daily because I have a Jebao Dp4 on the way. I still need to get some Mg tests but until then I will test every day at 9 pm for just over a week until I find how much I need to dose and how often. I also bought the Eshopps PSK-75H Hang on Back Protein Skimmer on a whim. So far I love it, easy to set up, easy to adjust, and it only took like an hour to break in.

I did a 5-6 Gallon water change yesterday and really focused on my shallow sandbed to clean out the detritus and man oh man it make a difference. However, I think I will need to do at least one or two more WC's this week because my Alk jumped up to about an 8 after not being able to do a WC for over two weeks.

But all in all the tank is looking great, I did have a few small spots of GHA, and now it see a few specks of green on my rocks here and there but nothing more than that, I am hoping that finally everything is starting to stabilize.

I will go into my favorite LFS tomorrow to pick up this super awesome Acan that he got in from his Aussie shipment, hell maybe I'll get a few other cheap frags, and then Friday he will have a few more nems in stock and a Grade A torch from a different Aussie vendor.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back