Hexagon tanks?

Absinthe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a hexagon tank? Interested in seeing pics and hearing your opinions, pros & cons.

Reef Gardener

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visually they can be stunning, you are limited on space though and have to really think out your rockwork. Mine was to small to put a sump in so I was always battleing nitrates but I thought it was pretty nice. Upgraded to a bigger tank and my son is getting the 35 hex.

Sidetank.jpg

Kigs!

zoa santa
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a big fan of hexagons. bigger they are harder to have good flow throughout.

OP
OP
Absinthe

Absinthe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a big fan of hexagons. bigger they are harder to have good flow throughout.

I can see what you mean.

The reason I am asking is because in the past week my fiancee has seen how dissapointed I was that I had to sell my nanocube...which I am still in the process of doing. It was necessary unfortunately (everything worked out, got a new car) but sad nonetheless.

My original idea prior to the nanocube was to get either a hexagon or a tall cube and simply make it a FOWLR. Now I am reconsidering that idea.

Because of this the flow wouldnt be as important. I was thinking a few Hydor Koralias or Tunze Nanostreams in the back corners to give about 20-25x turnover. A hang-on protein skimmer, heater and a pendant light.

My fiancee is hinting at a new setup as a graduation present for me so she has encouraged me to look around for what I might like.

The reason the hex or tall cube works is because of my space limitations.

I have a maximum of 30" wide (which is cutting it close) x 30" front to back (including equipment hanging off the back).

A 24" x 24" cube or a 25" hexagon would work perfectly here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back