Hey, Anyone want to talk about sales and stuff????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting a list together, anyone else ?
WASP NEST
HYPERBERRY
AGE OF FIRE
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT THE MOTHER SHIP
RAINBOW BRITE
LAST SUPERNOVA
VIVIDS CONFETTI
STRAWBERRY FIELDS
McDOWLLES
PORT RHOMBUS
KENBERRY
JOKER 2.0
PC SUPERMAN TABLE
GILDED LILY
AND YEAH OF COURSE LASERMELON

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing your list, you probably want Pearly Cadaver and SWK Invalida on that list too. Seems like a growth form and coloration you could get into.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are both nice, and way cheaper than most the stuff Ive listed :)
I wish he would list slow grower fast grower etc on them, I know he does mention it in some of the descriptions but would be cool if he did that on all of them. I guess probally can just look at price,,,cheap grows fast exp grows slow :)

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WASP NEST
HYPERBERRY
AGE OF FIRE
RAINBOW BRITE
LAST SUPERNOVA
VIVIDS CONFETTI
STRAWBERRY FIELDS
McDOWLLES
PORT RHOMBUS
KENBERRY
JOKER 2.0
PC SUPERMAN TABLE
GILDED LILY
JF jolt
Orange passion
Walt disney
Home wrecker

if Adam could just get a bunch of these I’d love to buy from him

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never participated nor do I plan to ever participate in one. I’m not one to sit and hit refresh like a numbskull just to find the one coral I really want and have it purchased out from under me before I can hit purchase. Brings me back to a few years ago when all I wanted was a new 30 series graphics card for a new pc I was building but always robbed by someone’s bot program! Plus I’m not an impulse buyer.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sales? There are sales here? And what the heck is a cody bot?
Serous about wondering what a cody bot is but I don't do sales at all so I guess I'll never know. I'd rather watch frags grow than sit through a live sale. First thing I do is look at a vendors photos and if they look cooked I close the page.
I did just buy my first battle box yesterday ;) I requested all stags and Adam hooked me up with nice chunky frags most already encrusting the plug.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah im having a hard time waiting to be honest. As a kid I would sneak out cut Christmas packages open and tape them back up. My parent s finally caught onto this and started double wrapping my presents
Infinite Loop Looping GIF by CmdrKitten

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sales? There are sales here? And what the heck is a cody bot?
Serous about wondering what a cody bot is but I don't do sales at all so I guess I'll never know. I'd rather watch frags grow than sit through a live sale. First thing I do is look at a vendors photos and if they look cooked I close the page.
I did just buy my first battle box yesterday ;) I requested all stags and Adam hooked me up with nice chunky frags most already encrusting the plug.
Cody bot is a game host. Has some fun ones. But mostly they are the first to post the right answer so if you're not on hitting refresh on the hour you'll lose the game.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
WASP NEST
HYPERBERRY
AGE OF FIRE
RAINBOW BRITE
LAST SUPERNOVA
VIVIDS CONFETTI
STRAWBERRY FIELDS
McDOWLLES
PORT RHOMBUS
KENBERRY
JOKER 2.0
PC SUPERMAN TABLE
GILDED LILY
It's a good list! Can do most for sure:). look out for details on pending sale soon my man!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam, another poster kind of brought it up, where he wants to buy colonies. I know your frags are already fairly chunky and some of the corals are more expensive, but is there a way to request a like a mini colony battle box (one’s in size similar to mariculture pieces) similar to the “Biggie’s 6’er” but with a higher price tag? I’d guess something in the $500ish range for the large frags. Or like if we ask to hold it for 2 months or whatever, select the frags at the beginning and let them grow out over those two months?

Obviously a higher price tag would be warranted as it still costs you money to have them grow out.

Max93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t mind the sales at all, I don’t even check the forum once the sale is on I just go on the website and find the same thing. I only purchase from two vendors (used to be just you ).

my next order will be from you as well, sale or not. Your frags have a nice weight to them and very potent colors.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Adam, another poster kind of brought it up, where he wants to buy colonies. I know your frags are already fairly chunky and some of the corals are more expensive, but is there a way to request a like a mini colony battle box (one’s in size similar to mariculture pieces) similar to the “Biggie’s 6’er” but with a higher price tag? I’d guess something in the $500ish range for the large frags. Or like if we ask to hold it for 2 months or whatever, select the frags at the beginning and let them grow out over those two months?

Obviously a higher price tag would be warranted as it still costs you money to have them grow out.
Hi there oh absolutely. those are just simple details I'd go over with anyone who asked after they placed their order. generally speaking if I can do it, I will for sure. as far as larger stuff goes.

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam, you should do a frag draft. Have everyone buy a battle box that wants to play, the more boxes the more frags in play. Different tiers get different rounds of pick. Or maybe most expensive boxes go earlier in the round.

You still move the same amount of product from the same pool as the boxes but everyone gets a bit more pick. Still you do have to photograph every frag which is kind of a pain, might be better to just charge a premium and put the frags on sale to account for the extra in in the A of taking photos.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got into the coral game, I bought a lot of corals from one specific vendor on a live sale (serious case of FOMO). I wish someone would've told me that another sale would be just around the corner. None of those corals are in my tank now.... sold them all.

I don't have a problem with live sales. Vendors are trying to run a business and stay profitable. I stopped buying from live sales because the frag that looks amazing in the sale turns out to look "meh" in person.

I prefer to buy corals in person at shows like CFM or RAP, or even local hobbyists. There's real value in the local hobbyist market - chunky frags at fair prices. Although, some local hobbyists are starting to sell their coral at retail prices... boooo.

xyzner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t bought online in 10+ years. After listening to you on ReefBum and reading threads like this, I’ll be ordering a Battlebox from you. As someone in the hobby since the early 2000s, you had me at the “I don’t want to take blue pictures anymore” sentiment.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam, you should do a frag draft. Have everyone buy a battle box that wants to play, the more boxes the more frags in play. Different tiers get different rounds of pick. Or maybe most expensive boxes go earlier in the round.

You still move the same amount of product from the same pool as the boxes but everyone gets a bit more pick. Still you do have to photograph every frag which is kind of a pain, might be better to just charge a premium and put the frags on sale to account for the extra in in the A of taking photos.
Revisiting this idea.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back