Hey everyone my name is Peter your friendly neighborhood fishman coming from Houston, Texas. I am a new fish hobbyist which started a year ago.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone my name is Peter your friendly neighborhood fishman coming from Houston, Texas. I am a new fish hobbyist which started a year ago with a small freshwater pond in my backyard. I now own and run 4 freshwater tanks 2 ponds and my very first 55gal saltwater aquarium FOWLR. Ive always had the love since a kid with a 100 gallon my family kept in our house but the nostalgia has made its way back to me lol.one last thing I can say is ive always been nervous trying to maintain a SW tank. We tried to do one at my tattoo shop about 7 years ago and all the poor fish we lost. And now doing my research why in the world would I put puffers and starfish with urchins? And who ever did water changes? That being said the fear lingers a bit but I took a leap and I'm so happy with my fully stocked tank ive only had it running 4 months now I know it's a baby still but all fish are happy and healthy so far. Thank you everyone for taking the time to hear me out and I look forward to learning so much from this awesome community!❤

16662216621166637722029377545089.jpg

Hi Peter and Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry for your past losses, but sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is great for this hobby and wonderful life skill. I'm giving you a big "HOWDY" from your DFW neighbor! Maybe you'll come up for either Aquashella or Reef A Palooza in Texas (around DFW) next year!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Houston (also look for MARSH on FB and thru google), as Houston has active scene:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Peter and Welcome! Glad you joined. Sorry for your past losses, but sounds like you have lots of BBA - Bounce Back Ability which is great for this hobby and wonderful life skill. I'm giving you a big "HOWDY" from your DFW neighbor! Maybe you'll come up for either Aquashella or Reef A Palooza in Texas (around DFW) next year!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Houston (also look for MARSH on FB and thru google), as Houston has active scene:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you for all the guidance I definitely have lots of work to do lol

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Whats your fish list right now?
Thank you for the welcome. Id like to think of mytank as semi agressive. My list is

Snow storm clown
Mocha storm clown
2 neon gobies
Flame hawkfish
Falco hawkfish
Midas blenny
Sunrise dottyback
Chalk Bass
Honeycomb puffer
Exquisite wrass
Pencil wrass female
Leopard wrass female
Blue damsel
Coral beauty angel
One spot foxface
Emperor snapper
Tomini tang
And 2 hermit crabs that barely survive lol.

I know I have to move some fish out when they get bigger thankfully my lfs lets me exchange big fish for store credit or another fish

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Peter. Your tank is looking good. I have a Tomini tang. Used to scoot off and hide when I went near the tank. Much better now though and doesn’t hide as much. Seems to be growing quickly too. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Peter. Your tank is looking good. I have a Tomini tang. Used to scoot off and hide when I went near the tank. Much better now though and doesn’t hide as much. Seems to be growing quickly too. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
Thank you for the welcome. Meany did that for the first 3 days but now he likes to tease my coral beauty into chasing him by picking algae in his face haha

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone my name is Peter your friendly neighborhood fishman coming from Houston, Texas. I am a new fish hobbyist which started a year ago with a small freshwater pond in my backyard. I now own and run 4 freshwater tanks 2 ponds and my very first 55gal saltwater aquarium FOWLR. Ive always had the love since a kid with a 100 gallon my family kept in our house but the nostalgia has made its way back to me lol.one last thing I can say is ive always been nervous trying to maintain a SW tank. We tried to do one at my tattoo shop about 7 years ago and all the poor fish we lost. And now doing my research why in the world would I put puffers and starfish with urchins? And who ever did water changes? That being said the fear lingers a bit but I took a leap and I'm so happy with my fully stocked tank ive only had it running 4 months now I know it's a baby still but all fish are happy and healthy so far. Thank you everyone for taking the time to hear me out and I look forward to learning so much from this awesome community!❤

16662216621166637722029377545089.jpg
Welcome! This is the best place for you to be to get answers to most of your questions! It's such a great community here with helpful and friendly people!

Back