Hey everyone super new to this but very excited

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RUN! Just kidding this is a great hobby that is educational, relaxing and rewarding.

Lots of great advice has already been given. I think the single best thing is to look at as many tanks as possible, preferably in person before you start. Figure out which style of tanks and what type of tank inhabitants appeal to you the most to give yourself some focus. Otherwise you can spend a lot of time and money pursuing the wrong goals. Fish only tanks don't require the same equipment that a SPS frag tank requires. Find your passion first. Then ask questions and let people know in your question your goals so that they can provide pertinent advice. Go slow and enjoy the journey.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Upvote 0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone I’m just getting started in this and super excited to start this crazy journey. what’s the best advice you would give a brand new reefer?

Welcome! Glad you joined. Best advice - lots of towels... and if planning hard corals then tied for my best advice "towels" would be advice "test kits" for all the major parameters. Take it slow, and enjoy the journey!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review (same as #5):

Upvote 0

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to Reef2Reef!

My suggestion is to quarantine, quarantine, quarantine! So many people leave this hobby after a disease outbreak kills all their fish, and it could have been avoided by quarantining.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back