Hey GHL, How are things on the ION Director home front?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Matthias Gross @Vinny@GHLUSA As we get closer to the initial planned release date it makes me more excited about the Ion Director. Just wondering how things are looking for the release and all that stuff. Feel free to elaborate on the "Stuff".

I'm sure some people are already playing with it and are under an NDA but any news or updates are appreciated.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I talked to Vinny yesterday and he said they are arriving on time.
When I ordered mine I assumed March 31st was the when they would be in our hands.
Vinny informed me that he will hopefully have them in his hands at the end of March and we should be getting them in our hands the first week or so of April.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have your usb cables ready, the next firmware update when it comes it will lay the foundation and preparation for the ION :)

As for more information and stuff it is coming :rolleyes:
Thanks Ditto. Yea, I’m going to wait till the ION arrives before I do any updates. In case there are some last second updates to the update. Nothing worse than updating then the next day a new update comes out.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did that news come from?

Here's the email they sent out.

ION Director - Update about the shipment
6b814083-df9b-4a0f-9c84-fb69658e9cbd.png
ION DIRECTOR
Update about the shipment
The current corona crisis is causing serious problems in material procurement and logistics worldwide, with many supply chains experiencing major delays. Since GHL has a very large stock of raw material and finished products, the delivery time of already existing products is rarely affected. However, with new developments - such as the ION Director - there is the problem that new parts, which were not previously in stock, must first be acquired for production.
Despite all efforts it was therefore unfortunately not possible to start deliveries of the ION Director as planned on 31 March 2020. Although most of the procurement problems have now been solved, production is behind schedule.
In order to be able to finalize and ship the ION Director as soon as possible after delivery of the delayed materials, material that was already available was processed and assemblies were produced and pre-assembled, as far as this made sense from a production point of view.
Nevertheless, a significant delay can unfortunately no longer be avoided. From today's point of view, we assume that 15 May 2020 is a realistic date for the start of delivery. Of course, we are making every effort to be able to deliver earlier.
The good news is that from then on the ION Director pre-orders can be processed faster, as many parts are already prepared and the final assembly of the IOND will be faster. Due to the very high number of IOND pre-orders from all over the world we originally estimated 10 weeks from the start of delivery to process all orders on hand. In the current scenario, we see this taking 6-8 weeks.
With the following photos and a video we would like to give you a small insight into the production of the IOND. We will keep you informed about the current production steps.

The team of GHL is very much aware that this is an unsatisfactory situation and would like to ask for patience and understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delay and we assure you that we will do everything possible to deliver as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support - Your GHL Team
Production of ION Director Mainboards
140259e7-1423-425e-916f-ceb075237039.jpg
45d51885-2b2a-49ef-9cf3-2e3b90f71056.jpg
Details about ION Director
bcd6941d-f8b1-4c89-9666-2fa21aeb0676.jpg
Automated Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3 testing made easy!

Achieve the next level of water testing automation with the ION Director (IOND). Through the use of ion-selective technology, the IOND automatically measures and controls Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate levels in saltwater aquariums.

Get a deeper understanding of your aquarium with the IOND. The ION Director can be used alone or together with a KH Director (KHD). Coupled with the KHD for Alkalinity monitoring and control, the IOND and KHD are the perfect tools for controlling your water parameters like never before.

Each parameter can be measured and automatically controlled. If one or more parameters are too low or too high, the IOND can automatically determine how much of an adjustment of attached dosing pumps is needed to maintain stable parameters.
62e76f69-7120-4588-b434-452f85cfe89d.jpg
One Multi-Ion sensor and no reagents

On going research and testing has allowed us to specially develop our own multi-ion sensor. No need for a dedicated sensor per parameter plus a reference electrode, no need for single reagents per parameter. Only one multi-ion sensor and reasonably priced reference fluids are required.

NOTE: Above photo shows ION Director without sensor installed. Details and photos of our multi-ion sensor will be unveiled very soon.
0c6dd4aa-ae97-4c1a-984d-6dde724c10e5.png
Ultimate accuracy and precision

As with many things in this hobby, stability is key. Through the use of four dosing pump heads, the IOND effectively performs measurements with lab-grade precision and accuracy, each and every time.
Out of the four pump heads, two are used to transport two separate reference fluids for automatic ion-sensor calibration. The use of these heads eliminate the need to manually calibrate the sensor. This ensures that each test is used with a freshly calibrated sensor, every time.
73dd8e20-1ba1-4bdc-b1d7-29e710ed46ac.png
Pairs perfectly with the KH Director

Fully automate and control the aquarium's most important water parameters with the IOND and KHD.
Perfect integration into GHL Connect

Use the extensive logbook and analysis functions in your app and cloud myGHL.
b5238788-9521-4e4d-8112-f31489474dc6.jpg
817337f4-45d3-4558-ac55-5d927fbac12d.jpg
62665145-4af7-4979-90ce-50a556d03561.jpg
c12e8ae4-4eb7-4e7d-95d7-1db9eb47593e.jpg
ION Director confirmed details
  • Automated Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium and Nitrate testing and control
  • All tests performed with a GHL developed multi-ion sensor for superior precision and accuracy
  • Hardware is prepared for future parameter add-ons
  • Uses only 2 reference fluids for ALL current and future parameters
  • Cost effective reference fluids
  • Automatic sensor calibration before each measurement
  • Automatic data logging and charting
  • Works in conjunction with a 4 pump GHL Doser 2.1
  • Can be used alongside GHL Standalone Doser (no aquarium controller required) or with a ProfiLux 3 or 4 controller
  • ION Director / Doser 2.1 Slave and Standalone packages will be available
  • Controllable through GHL Connect (app, webserver and cloud) and more
Price for reference fluid

One of the goals in the development of the ION Director is to keep the cost per measurement as low as possible.
In cooperation with a German producer of chemicals, we have succeeded in developing a very precise yet cost-effective reference fluid: 1 litre of reference fluid will cost only 24.90 € (incl. German VAT, excl. shipping). Per measurement 2 reference fluids are needed, the quantity is maximum 10 ml per measurement.
This results in a maximum cost of 50 cents for a simultaneous measurement of Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3. In contrast to solutions from other vendors, which require a minimum number of daily measurements, the IOND user determines the daily costs himself: The number of daily automatic measurements is adjustable between 0 (then only manual measurements) and 24.
We are currently working on further reducing the amount required - without compromising measurement accuracy - which will further reduce the cost per measurement.
We are happy to answer your questions by phone (Sales: +49 6301 32015-40) or email ([email protected]).
Copyright © 2020 GHL Advanced Technology GmbH & Co. KG, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the GHL Newsletter, or due to an existing business relationship.

Our address is:
GHL Advanced Technology GmbH & Co. KG
Marie-Curie-Str. 20
Kaiserslautern 67661
Germany

open.php

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure hope this May 15th delivery date is still happening.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much for that bad boy?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it going to work better than a trident?
Theoretically yes. Since it does not use reagents and has no need to have a precise amount of liquid and reagent in a vial it should make it more reliable. It should be noted though that no third party has produced a review video actually showing the unit in operation and taking reading from known samples of water. So for now nothing is known of how the final product will perform.

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing that some people have been testing these. As the release has been delayed it would be nice to see or read some reviews, teasers, etc.

Do we know how things are going at GHL in relation to obtaining the parts needed to get these produced?

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

griff500

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The people testing are under NDAs.
The product has been finalised and the only reason it has not been shipped to customers is lack of parts for obvious reasons, as far as I am aware. I'm not sure that sharing the results of the testing, with GHL's consent of course, would present any issues as the product is finalised and the testing at the final stages should presumably be positive. I'm not quite sure what the purpose of your response was other than to state the obvious?

Most recent info is on GHL website.
I am aware of their website update that was posted eighteen days ago.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The product has been finalised and the only reason it has not been shipped to customers is lack of parts for obvious reasons, as far as I am aware. I'm not sure that sharing the results of the testing, with GHL's consent of course, would present any issues as the product is finalised and the testing at the final stages should presumably be positive. I'm not quite sure what the purpose of your response was other than to state the obvious?

I am aware of their website update that was posted eighteen days ago.

Well China claims they are producing lots of stuff its just that no one is buying. So if GHL is saying they cannot get the parts from China that would be very odd. I am a little bit dismayed by the lack of a demonstration of a working model. I honestly do not know what they are thinking but it creates Zero buzz for the products promotion.

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well China claims they are producing lots of stuff its just that no one is buying. So if GHL is saying they cannot get the parts from China that would be very odd. I am a little bit dismayed by the lack of a demonstration of a working model. I honestly do not know what they are thinking but it creates Zero buzz for the products promotion.
I think the issue is more getting it from China to the production facility right now

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back