Hey guys new here and would like help IDing +pictures :)

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, hope you are doing well. Got a new freebie coral today with my order and I have no clue what it is... It some sort of favia, goniastrea, or similar. Pictures/video aren't the greatest, but it has a green mouth, its closed up but what looks like thick sweeper tentacles, then has an outer ring of skeleton and 2 new smaller heads seem to be growing out of the side, it doesn't look like its spitting, but growing. I don't know much about LPS, only had one until now(a goniopora, still alive for about 12 months :eek::D) so im not good at IDing. Thanks if you can help.

Now onto the goodies,I have a 120 gallon tank with a I believe 30 gallon sump, set up as a cove aquascape to allow my large fish more room, 1 large sailfin, 1 black ice snowflake clown, 1 blue damsel that has literally survived everything and refuses to die, 1 green brittle star, 1 snowflake eel, 2 mini maxis, 1 green bubble tip, 1 rock anemone, 1 orange spotted goby(could be a diamond, whatever one gets to be 5-6 inches so my snowflake doesnt eat it) and a lawnmower blenny. I have a fair amount of zoas, really like them, lots of color,hardy, doesn't take much dosing to keep them alive, and sadly lost my first and only SPS(a stylophora) Just went down hill one day and never made it back. Have some mixed snails, 2 fighting conches, hermit crabs and other clean up crew.
Equipment:
Marine orbit pro(the original one) lights/ramp timer and complete wireless system.
aquastation (chinese brand I think) 12000L return pump
koralia evo 2 powerhead
NAC 7 skimmer
no name GFO reactor

My issue is detritus, since i don't really like to vacuum my sand bed and really only stir the first 1/4 inch.
Ive been reefing for about 2-3 years so im still pretty new.

coral 3.jpg
coral 2.jpg
coral.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! You seem to have a very nice system - we’re glad you’re here!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, hope you are doing well. Got a new freebie coral today with my order and I have no clue what it is... It some sort of favia, goniastrea, or similar. Pictures/video aren't the greatest, but it has a green mouth, its closed up but what looks like thick sweeper tentacles, then has an outer ring of skeleton and 2 new smaller heads seem to be growing out of the side, it doesn't look like its spitting, but growing. I don't know much about LPS, only had one until now(a goniopora, still alive for about 12 months :eek::D) so im not good at IDing. Thanks if you can help.

Now onto the goodies,I have a 120 gallon tank with a I believe 30 gallon sump, set up as a cove aquascape to allow my large fish more room, 1 large sailfin, 1 black ice snowflake clown, 1 blue damsel that has literally survived everything and refuses to die, 1 green brittle star, 1 snowflake eel, 2 mini maxis, 1 green bubble tip, 1 rock anemone, 1 orange spotted goby(could be a diamond, whatever one gets to be 5-6 inches so my snowflake doesnt eat it) and a lawnmower blenny. I have a fair amount of zoas, really like them, lots of color,hardy, doesn't take much dosing to keep them alive, and sadly lost my first and only SPS(a stylophora) Just went down hill one day and never made it back. Have some mixed snails, 2 fighting conches, hermit crabs and other clean up crew.
Equipment:
Marine orbit pro(the original one) lights/ramp timer and complete wireless system.
koralia evo 2 powerhead
NAC 7 skimmer
no name GFO reactor

My issue is detritus, since i don't really like to vacuum my sand bed and really only stir the first 1/4 inch.

coral 3.jpg
coral 2.jpg
coral.jpg

Welcome, comrade

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Fishurama

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Equipment:
koralia evo 2 powerhead
NAC 7 skimmer
no name GFO reactor

coral 3.jpg
coral 2.jpg
coral.jpg
Welcome to R2R! Looks like a blastomussa coral. Low light and low flow will keep these guys happy.
#WelcometoR2R
Wtr2r45.gif
Welcome to R2R!!! You seem to have a very nice system - we’re glad you’re here!

Thank you all for the welcome, I appreciate it. Im going to look up blastomussa corals right now and get to researching, i left it in mid light, low flow for now, but good to know I can go lower, I have a great spot, thanks again

OP
OP
Fishurama

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef!
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing family and thanks for signing up.
Welcome to R2R!!!
Welcome. And it's a blasto(blastomussa) I have mine about mid tank indirect flow

Wow, thanks all, this really is a lot haha.
And from the research ive been doing it seems it should be placed low to mid tank with low flow, like you guys have been saying, thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Equipment:
koralia evo 2 powerhead
NAC 7 skimmer
no name GFO reactor

coral 3.jpg
coral 2.jpg
coral.jpg
Welcome! This looks like a Blasto to me.

OP
OP
Fishurama

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! This looks like a Blasto to me.
Same here with mine. Mine are growing pretty fast too.
Welcome to R2R! Nice coral!
Welcome to R2R!!!!

Thanks all and it is for surely a blasto.
I looked up the sellers website and was looking under it and wouldn't you know :) gotta find the right light for this, colors are good. Nice little gift I got with my order.
ASD_Scarface_Blastos_2_-_79_720x.png

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back