Hey, how's your reef doing? Mine is gone!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6062.JPG

IMG_6064.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG
Is that all monti cap?
How big was it when it first went in?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for my reefing journey, It’s chaotic but working :)
Just one of my favourite photos from my Nano (I’m thinking on doing a thread about how it works and keeping my build thread as a journey more than anything).
5FED8C23-7CEA-4FB6-A7B5-D2D595AB13E4.jpeg

DrEggroll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a Dino outbreak after dosing vibrant for algae. My temperature gauge had pulled out of the water which was killing all my turbo snails was the main cause. Dosed bacteria, h2o2 and turned my lights down and got rid of the Dino so I thought. When ever I ramp up my lights it tears it head. Any of my lps corals don’t survive. I upgraded my lights to ai hydra thinking that was a large problem for me. Been frustrated. My fish seem to be happy although I just lost my tailspot blenny

Jwise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive actually had to start a new one as well but im now about 2 and a half weeks out until i finally get the sand rock and water in and get it started on its cycle. Its a 6ft 125 and im getting all live rock fron my lfs and im get carib sea live sand. Im going to cycle using dr tims one and only and ammonia dosing to get it established so i can get fish in safely. Ive also got sone of the best equipment on this new system with two Ecotech mp 40s. I got a reef octopus regal 150 sss. And im going to throw three AI lights on it later on before i get coral in. Im doing a AI 64 for the middle and two AI 32s one for each side.

Attachments

• 20220521_082707.jpg
    20220521_082707.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220507_140953_HDR.jpg
    20220507_140953_HDR.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 29

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck in the move and future reef, @revhtree !
My 6 year old 56 gallon mostly softie reef is at a sweet spot. The 11 fish peacefully co-exist and my coral seem to be thriving. I will enjoy it while it lasts as my tanks have ebbed and flowed.

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I never move again. Last move went from 300 gallon display to a 3ft 100 gallon display. So glad I went down in size. I could have gone with a 6 or 7 ft long tank but I would have had a problem with wife and bank account. Have thougt about doing a Pico tank maybe when things get physically harder to do. Like the idea of just an air pump and 100 percent weekly water changes.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, how's your reef doing? Good, Bad, UGLY?

Mine is.....well......absent.... :loudly-crying-face: Cleaned out yesterday....

The tank itself leaves today. We are selling the house and we have to get this "hole" closed up and ready for the new owners. Bittersweet but I'm excited about the move and a new reef tank journey! So how's your REEF DOING?

IMG_6060.JPG
6D49F09A-6D24-4E8D-904E-9EFF8EAA2135.gif

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, how's your reef doing? Good, Bad, UGLY?

Mine is.....well......absent.... :loudly-crying-face: Cleaned out yesterday....

The tank itself leaves today. We are selling the house and we have to get this "hole" closed up and ready for the new owners. Bittersweet but I'm excited about the move and a new reef tank journey! So how's your REEF DOING?

IMG_6060.JPG
I can’t believe a new owner wouldn’t want this as-is!

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to see your reef down. My reef is doing pretty poorly now. It's overrun with bubble algae, just about every invertebrate except my RFAs are dying, and it's coming down this weekend. But, better things are yet to come!
Don’t tear it down because of bubble algae , I bought a foxface about a week ago and my tank was half overtaken by the bubble algae and now it’s little over a week and it’s hard to find any bubble algae at anywhere . This after manual and emerald crab failure . I couldn’t believe how fast this guy ate all of it . Tank looks great again .

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t tear it down because of bubble algae , I bought a foxface about a week ago and my tank was half overtaken by the bubble algae and now it’s little over a week and it’s hard to find any bubble algae at anywhere . This after manual and emerald crab failure . I couldn’t believe how fast this guy ate all of it . Tank looks great again .

No, I'm also moving in a few months, so it'll need to come down anyways. Besides, it's a 20 gallon and my LFS would not sell one to someone with a nano. I actually went down to get one a while ago. They had a tank full of them, but I got two emerald crabs instead at their urging. The crabs ate a tiny bit, and then disappeared.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
ALK swing that went too long without being properly dialed back in… have been having issues finding my daily consumption rate as well as how much of my alk8.3 powder mix(i mixed 200g of alk8.3 to 1 gallon of distilled water) to dose…

unfortunately lost 2 acros and a few others are showing STN and getting pale, but i’m still trying to get it dialed in!!

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm also moving in a few months, so it'll need to come down anyways. Besides, it's a 20 gallon and my LFS would not sell one to someone with a nano. I actually went down to get one a while ago. They had a tank full of them, but I got two emerald crabs instead at their urging. The crabs ate a tiny bit, and then disappeared.
Well good luck in the move !!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back