Hey Tang Police, I need your input!

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a CB splendid that is a perfect gentleman in with a gramma and black cap (I know they are different fish but similar niches - might want to think about that instead of multiple Dotties
And in my tanks, I find tang stocking and aggression can be positively affected by hiding spots and multiple swim lanes supported by powerhead induced flow

I introduced two captive bred orchid dottybacks and they actually paired up and had eggs on the regular. Might have been lucky, but I've heard others having the same luck as well.

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol id still be wary - captive bred or not. Especially when there are so many other fish that could be added w/o that heightened risk of two of the same fish in the tank.
have a CB splendid that is a perfect gentleman in with a gramma and black cap (I know they are different fish but similar niches - might want to think about that instead of multiple Dotties
And in my tanks, I find tang stocking and aggression can be positively affected by hiding spots and multiple swim lanes supported by powerhead induced flow
Definitely gives you something to think about. Of course, I'm not going to sit here and say that dottybacks will absolutely be ok with other fish, but the risk gets minimized when they're captive bred. Then again, that's not an absolute.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back