Hey what’s up guys thanx for the add!!!!

PitoDeSapo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about clown eggs..... today is day 3...... or 2...... anyways I separated my egged, took out the rock with them on.....this was yesterday...
I woke up this morning and almost half the eggs are gone I’m not sure if they died or something hitchhiked on this rock but I also have a mushroom next to it as well it looks like the eggs have the stringy stuff coming off of them

image.jpg

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I raise a few clutches of percula/ocelaris clowns about 10 years ago. I do remember that just about everything in the tank wanted to eat the eggs. The male clown did a good job protecting against most. The long spine urchin was too much for him though. We had to move it for a while. Keep your eye on them and see if you see anything snacking on them. I know the male was always cleaning and fanning the eggs and sometimes some of the eggs would disappear. I figured he was culling the non viable ones but really I have no idea.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! What type of creatures do you have in your tank? As was mentioned above looks like a clutch of fish eggs. Let us know what you have and hopefully one of us will be able to help you identify the.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
PitoDeSapo

PitoDeSapo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Something eat them?
That’s what I’m wondering......
There’s no fish in the little tank...... maybe bristle worm?
Welcome! I raise a few clutches of percula/ocelaris clowns about 10 years ago. I do remember that just about everything in the tank wanted to eat the eggs. The male clown did a good job protecting against most. The long spine urchin was too much for him though. We had to move it for a while. Keep your eye on them and see if you see anything snacking on them. I know the male was always cleaning and fanning the eggs and sometimes some of the eggs would disappear. I figured he was culling the non viable ones but really I have no idea.
im thinking maybe a bristle work may be in the rock somewhere..... so tonight I get to stay up with tweezers to find this guy.....I had waaaaaaaay more eggs than this .....

Back