OP
OP
karimi_e

karimi_e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, Small world! School of fish is top notch for fish in desoto, Tyler tanks in ft worth, Smayda Aquatics is pretty good too! Hop on facebook and there are some really awesome groups with local reefer aquaculturing out of their garages/sheds with amazing coral selections and fair prices! Shoot me a PM and I can link them for ya.

I tried kick ich/rally awhile ago and then tried hyposalinity but personally had better success with cupramine after a forum member suggested it. Ive gone fallow for 80 days and thats when I started a qt tank just like you are. For me I could see a decline in fish activity and appearance when medicating so its not something I really go to nowadays. Like you said, the stress was pretty obvious. I lost a couple fish dosing copper from online orders that didn't come in healthy so now I just observe and feed well which seems to work better for me than medicating. I also try to get fish from high quality sources and stay away from places that don't look well maintained. Im okay with paying $20 bucks more for a healthy fish!

100 ways to do it, but after a ton of failures I found a way that works for me and my pets! Alot of people have different variations of the qt process so I'm sure you'll see a ton of reccomendations!
I’m actually planning to go out to Smayda tomorrow! I’ve heard of School of Fish, but not Tyler Tanks. I’ll definitely have to look them up.

Ah okay. The only thing I’ve tried is cupramine, but it was already too late for my fish. I ordered some Ruby Reef Rally just to have on hand, along with some other medications. I’m going to end up having a whole medicine cabinet just for fish, but I’d rather be prepared lol. Thanks for sharing your experience, I’ll definitely pm you about the local fb groups!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back