HEY YOU! What can R2R do to make visiting the site better? CASH for ideas!

chappy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about alot more post in each thread page
it is a total beating finding those little boxes to go to the next page when I am using my phone

IGROZOAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think creating a auction thread kind of similar to eBay for the livestock classifieds. It would give a fun aspect to buying coral amongst each other. With allowing vendors also. Could really change things in the classified section. Or a contest thread section where you can win prizes all the time. Like this thread.

diamondreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live feed at certain times for how-to videos... then people can see step by step and ask questions while watching the process... :)
Fragging, set up, plumbing, coral placement, water making, flow adjusting, etc...
so many videos to be made and so many talented and experienced reefers on reef2reef! :)

Live feed is looking like a popular request... :)

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a live chat box in the lounge or create a seperate page for it? Members only and not very regulated?

Ohhh these go south quickly, sorry but that wouldn't work out very well. Been there done that hahaha. Sounds good for about 15 min then people start misusing it.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this has idea has been brought up but what if you worked on some kind of website alerting tool like facebook when people comment on a thread a little box fades in shows a topic has been updated than can possibly fade out. This way you dont have to constintely check your emails to see if someone updated a thread?

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about alot more post in each thread page
it is a total beating finding those little boxes to go to the next page when I am using my phone

That can be set via your settings. :)

Mrfresh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chat box that way people can just talk to each other and not have to post a thread.

JFord2014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two suggestions:

1. A modification that lets you know when someone else mentions your username in a post.
2. A button that a user could push to take them to THEIR last post in a thread.

I agree with #1 also the idea of being able to "like" comments and the live feed!

mykidsclownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a member tank database. i would like to see how member tanks are equipped and stocked without having to look at individual signatures and threads. Filter it by tank size maybe. make it similar to the equipment database.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump!

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is for the phone app...

When I am on it and say I minimize for a while and open it back up. I can't get back to the main forums. I have to press the back button on ny phone, which closes the app and I have to start it up again. So a back or home button for the app would be nice.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if you could incorporate paypal into your site. so when member put up corals or equipemnt up for sale users can just pay for the items right here on the site. This way you dont have to go back and forth via PM.

so im thinking hey i see this awesome chalice i want to buy from Turbo21. In his profile or shipping profile it has his address. In my profiile it has my address. I can click somewhere on his post get shipping estimate. This automaticlaly PM's turbo giving either just my Zip or my whole address. From here Turbo goes to his shipper fedex, usps, or ups and gets the rates. He comes back to his main post or pm and types in the rate for shipping. This would send myself an email stating shipipng costs (it would be nice to have mulitiple options with comments). From here if i agree i can click on the items and almost put them in a shopping cart and send turbo the money via paypal.

Im sure this isnt easy to do but it would make purchasing corals smoother.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For paid members it would be nice if you could keep almost a diary of your tank. Temps, Levels, etc. it would be nice to have it where it would connect to your apex or controller to auto pull these stats. Almost like a reeftronics but have it all be on R2R.

I know you have members tank section but this would be nice if you could keep track of your stats. Like you could have tempature stats for the month and it would auto generate a graph or put numbers together. you can write down when you did water changes or added chems. It would be awesome if there was an easy to use app. I would love to just pull out my phone type in 10 gal water change than upload it to my thread. I know there are other services out tehre but I would love to have it here.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could have a calendar protion where you can see how many things you did on a certian day. lets say if on 10/10 i changed the water and cleaned the pumps on my calendar it would show 2 events. on 9/18 i added 4 new fish the calendar would show 4 events. I could click on any day and it would populate what happened onthat day.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if you could incorporate paypal into your site. so when member put up corals or equipemnt up for sale users can just pay for the items right here on the site. This way you dont have to go back and forth via PM.

so im thinking hey i see this awesome chalice i want to buy from Turbo21. In his profile or shipping profile it has his address. In my profiile it has my address. I can click somewhere on his post get shipping estimate. This automaticlaly PM's turbo giving either just my Zip or my whole address. From here Turbo goes to his shipper fedex, usps, or ups and gets the rates. He comes back to his main post or pm and types in the rate for shipping. This would send myself an email stating shipipng costs (it would be nice to have mulitiple options with comments). From here if i agree i can click on the items and almost put them in a shopping cart and send turbo the money via paypal.

Im sure this isnt easy to do but it would make purchasing corals smoother.

when we talk about this it would really be nice if you FORCED members to leave feedback for the sellers.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another suggestion would be to start a fragswapper type deal here. Where you would host all the swaps around and people could post up items to preorder? You could have it where you could also post up requests. Right now fragswapper just lets you post up corals but what if your really looking for something you want to be able to request items too.

Sorry really bored coming up with ideas lol

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe even another selling section where you sell off topic items? I have a ton of technology items i would like to get rid of like a Note 2 cellphone, Samsung android tablet, etc. I much rather deal with people here than the crazy people you have to deal with on craigslist lol

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back