HEY YOU! What can R2R do to make visiting the site better? CASH for ideas!

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes members can be paid members to help support the site. Its really cheap. I'm away from my PC but it should be some where in the main page. I'm a member it's great they have members only raffles and special member forums :)

The_Stig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless I am completely missing it, a way to edit your own post? Nothing is worse than having some typos and not being able to fix them.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless I am completely missing it, a way to edit your own post? Nothing is worse than having some typos and not being able to fix them.

Yes there is an edit button on the bottom of your post bottom right by the reply buttons

If using the app click on your post and edit will be an option

Last edited:

JohnC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start a don't break the chain/ lineage program. These have been done at the club level with great success. We are in the process of setting one up right now in my club with the help and information from Bay Area Reefers. Don't Break the Chain

We hope to have our program stocked and ready to roll out in the near future. These programs work on a club level, and with the national exposure on a forum like this it could be an amazing conservation effort. Thanks John C. sponsorship secretary LVVR

The_Stig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes there is an edit button on the bottom of your post bottom right by the reply buttons

If using the app click on your post and edit will be an option

The only buttons on the bottom right of my own posts are reply, reply with quote, and multiquote. No edit.

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They allow editing of a post up to 5 minutes after it was posted.
One of the perks for Supporting Members is they do not have a time limit....or so I was told.

One thing that would be helpful is the option to automatically delete previously read PM's that have not been read again for say two weeks or so.
This would help keep inboxes from filling up.

Oh and I "edited" on purpose to show can be done...but only for a few minutes since I am not a Supporting Member.

Last edited:

TRex91

reef peeping,,, ya know
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be cool to makethe app better,, a cool upgrade,, i always use my phone to come onto here, a way to make like a new view in everything and scroll through to get what you want,, hard to make details but if you like the idea i could try and help come up with some specifics of you like,, i don't want money,, anytime you writhe need help i would love to help out..

jokervueboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we have Instant message between users? Instead of PM? Not a group chat room, but just instant messages between 2 people.

TRex91

reef peeping,,, ya know
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That it's a great idea,, app friendly tho,,, instant messaging would be kinda cool,, lets upgrade app and do instant message, pleeeaaassse,,, lol

frenchman68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A way to post video of our tanks. If tis is already possible let me know how afterall I am still a newbie learning my way arround.

Coraloliseffect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A feed back system in the selling forum area. similar to other online trading/selling.
Make it Harder for scammers or slackers.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a unit conversion calculator (liters to gallons, cm to inches, etc.)

I agree we need post like buttons.

Listings of "member approved" fish stores (probably sorted by state - online stores under "online" plus under their physical location if they have a walk-in store) would be awesome. People could look through to find decent stores in their area. A store graylist/blacklist might be nice too, so we know which ones would be best to avoid.

I'd also like listings of half-decent reef clubs (maybe with a pin map?) so I can find one(s) close to me without fighting with a search engine and sites that don't exist any more >.<

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A way to post video of our tanks. If tis is already possible let me know how afterall I am still a newbie learning my way arround.

There is one, it's the little movie clip icon next to the picture and the quote icons, just cut and paste the video URL there just like you would a picture.

A feed back system in the selling forum area. similar to other online trading/selling.
Make it Harder for scammers or slackers.

There is one, it's called the Itrader feedback, see under the starfish under my avatar I have a bunch of them. To give a feedback on a sale or trade click the persons username and then view profile, there you will see an icon for feedback score, click this and then go down where it says submit feedback for this user. Follow the prompts from there....

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see more how to videos. Example i have been unable to find a good understandable video on how to set up a Apex controller. It would be nice to have various videos that are easy to understand to help people learn how to setup and maintain etc. there tanks. Most of the manuals you get espially with equipment are very hard to understand and are very frustrating.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back