HEY YOU! What can R2R do to make visiting the site better? CASH for ideas!

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an idea I had a while ago, pretty big though. What if there was a store section on the site. There's a selling forum where people can sell freely, but what if for either a single payment or annual/monthly fee (monthly would be better because you don't want someone paying for a year and staying inactive/putting no products in the shop) set up shop. The account running the shop could update stock and it would have a cart that could calculate shipping price, which is decided by the shop owner. I know this is a very big idea that would be hard to integrate, but it's an easier way for someone to start a business selling corals instead of using something like ebay where it is harder to get noticed. Because the problem with having your own site is getting noticed. In this shop section you can browse shops. They can also be divided by country, to make it easier for members from various countries to find a store where they can buy corals online. And if the shop is unreliable, it can be terminated as would be in the agreement when paying to set up shop. It would also make it easier for members to find the corals they want by jumping from shop to shop and finding a shop with the coral they want.

Once again, I know this is a super big idea, but I can see this as something very useful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Eric N

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like data. If you could get reefers to submit popular coral growth rates and patterning along with some of their setup stats. Like, ORA Red Planet, PUR ###, estimated waterflow at location, vertical and horizontal growth rate (cm/month) etc.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably something that's mostly the forum hosting service's fault but I would like to see more control in editing any posts I make.

For instance, if I totally goof on making a post and it doesn't go the way I planned, I would like for some way to delete or edit that post. I wasn't entered into the photo of the month because I had a pictures of a dartfish and a goby in the post but I meant to only post a picture of my goby but for some reason the dartfish photo remained in the post even after it appeared that I had removed it. I would have liked to have gone back and edited the post to show what was meant to be seen.

I would also like to see some user friendly adjustments made to the overall layout of my profile page. Trying to find some things like post areas shouldn't take 3-4 steps, especially if you want to check in on a thread to see if anyone replied to you or mentioned anything new.

the last thing is that I would like to see more sponsored giveaways! Nearly all of the products I have purchased for my aquarium have been based off of what people have said about them on here and I feel like if Reef2Reef would reach out to more companies, not just the major ones, everyone would benefit. Heck, I would be happy if I won Aqueon or Tetra stuff.

Peter Peng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the holidays coming up,
why not have annual events on Christmas. Maybe like a secret Santa for frags? from the 10-25$ range?
Would be good way for R2R to show the Christmas spirit and would be a fun and interesting event!

Rob Top1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have yet to visit every site supping vendor's website of those I have not everyone has a banner for R2R. I think that one of my top reasons for liking R2R is that you allow vendors to post commercial posts. Why not making part of the deal a reciprocating banner swap? Or at least give those that do the banner swap a discount or added value.

tobieblue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A game focusing on lighting solutions and their effects on the colors of coral and fish would be great . For example you could post full tank shots (with light fixtures our of sight) with a description like "guess the lights" . I wonder how many of us can make a difference between LED s , T5s and so on :)

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that you have this new site you might be able to use somethng like this:

https://xenforo.com/community/resou...gement-system-guides-garage-reviews-etc.1208/

and maybe do some type of coral database for each user. Where maybe you have the 5 tabs be SPS, ZOAS, LPS, etc than each user can keep track of the corals they bought maybe even somehow have the sellers sign off so when you talk about tracking corals and making sure it truely is a WWC or JFox coral there would be some type of history on it. It would be good to because of all the crazy names keeping track of them? just a crazy idea

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back