OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost through a full bag of Nyos salt and really like it so far. I got another bag and will keep using it for water changes.

I also started manually dosing Flatworm stop and coral booster. I see lots of sps folks used those and have success so I figured I would give it a shot. Have been dosing daily the Spurenelemente komplex for a little over a month and everything seems happy.

I think the best thing I have done is adding kalk back into the mix. Am a couple months in and most of my corals look great. I have a 10 gallon brute that I use for kalk and dose around a gallon a day. So for alk and cal, I am dosing all for reef, kalk and a bit of brs soda ash.

I’ll try and get some pics soon.

Added a few new frags: BC Bubblebath Unicorn, GC $500 Efflo, WWC Blazing Banshee, Gonzo Blueberry Diesel.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered some new sticks that should be here this week.

JF B33 Bomber
WWC Jello Shot
WWC Frozen Rose
Green Austera
Tubbs Stellata
Paletta Blue
Paletta Pink Tip
WWC Solomon Split

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC called and won’t ship the Solomon Split as it wasn’t healthy. I also updated the first post to include most of my current corals and livestock (didn’t list all cuc).

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been frustrated with my clowns who have not moved from the back left corner since I got the tank. I love the clownfish/anemone relationship and I am going thru what most reefers do which is trying to get uncooperative clowns to accept the anemone’s invite. I added a Lta which came in small and is kind of having trouble adapting to my tank and I have shooed the clowns over multiple times to my main anemone cluster but they always retreat back.

Since they never leave the back corner, I figured I would roll the dice with another pair. I got a Darwin and a Wyoming White and put them in on the side with the anemone cluster. They roamed the tank a bit but ultimately came back to where I put them in and now they hover just over the nems so it looks like I may get my wish. Bad part is they are tiny and about a year away from mating.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back