OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it catching up on your tank but what do you have setup in the rear chambers? I noticed you have no protein skimmer and marinepure spheres but what else you got going on?
Thanks!
I have my heater on the left first one and a piece of filter floss that I change weekly. Spheres in left #2 with the water flowing up and a sack of carbon on top that I don’t change as often as I should. Right #1 is UV, right #2 more spheres. Middle is just the stock return.

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my heater on the left first one and a piece of filter floss that I change weekly. Spheres in left #2 with the water flowing up and a sack of carbon on top that I don’t change as often as I should. Right #1 is UV, right #2 more spheres. Middle is just the stock return.
Dang I love the simplicity. I have a very similar setup but the tank is still cycling so I don’t have experience yet knowing if it’ll work or not! Mine is an inTank media basket on the left with just filter floss for now but maybe add carbon in the future, 12 marinepure spheres in #2, right is UV with filter floss on top (My UV is off right now still), right #2 is more marinepure spheres, and the center has the return pumps, heater and ATO sensors.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
01A5A582-3FD9-43E4-8E2A-157B502D9C25.jpeg

The goby and it’s many fans.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a water change today and my hitch hiker urchin decided to come out during lights on for once. It’s growing fast. I ordered another Battlebox and asked for blues and oranges. Super excited!
9ADA8BEA-BDCA-4367-B589-2AB3CB87A373.jpeg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battlebox scheduled to be delivered today but it’s still in Memphis :( praying that it makes it today.

I always like to fantasize about what I might get so here are the tiers of this box lol.

Would be floored if I got: SC OP, Lasermelon, smittys Chicago, Oregon Tort, gilded lily, bubble bath unicorn, 3 oranges

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx dashed all hopes and flubbed day #2 of my Battlebox. If it even makes it here, there is 0% chance anything is alive at this point. It’s still in Memphis.
In other news, I ran out of LRS food and no one has it locally so I got a flat of Rods. I have never used it before. Hopefully it’s well received by the reef.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1ACB181A-FCB8-4952-A742-9E4867CE2758.jpeg
My last post was incorrect. My box finally arrived and one coral was not in brown stinky water. I am trying to nurse this back to health so please wish me luck! It’s the Space Laser.

In other news, I got some Egg Brew for feeding the tank. Does anyone use this?

Last edited:

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1ACB181A-FCB8-4952-A742-9E4867CE2758.jpeg
My last post was incorrect. One coral was not in brown stinky water. I am trying to nurse this back to health so please wish me luck! It’s the Space Laser.

In other news, I got some Egg Brew for feeding the tank. Does anyone use this?
Good luck man, I hope you can nurse this one back to health. A whole Battlebox ruined, that’s just awful :(

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck man, I hope you can nurse this one back to health. A whole Battlebox ruined, that’s just awful :(
We shall see lol. I have bright back some corals in my day but not an acro and not one this far gone. I am hoping the reship goes well!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We shall see lol. I have bright back some corals in my day but not an acro and not one this far gone. I am hoping the reship goes well!
I don’t do sps but if I did I’d buy a battlebox. Adam‘s reputation is the best. I’m sure he took care of you ASAP.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just showing off the top down view to my wife and realized I didn’t see my Pink Streaked. I am pretty sure it’s gone :(

I had the lid off for over an hour recently while I tinkered with flow OR my emerald got it. The emerald is massive now and I need to get rid of it. I really liked the fish :(

STEEZY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just showing off the top down view to my wife and realized I didn’t see my Pink Streaked. I am pretty sure it’s gone :(

I had the lid off for over an hour recently while I tinkered with flow OR my emerald got it. The emerald is massive now and I need to get rid of it. I really liked the fish :(

Oh no! Hopefully he shows up, such an awesome fish and hard to find too.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Hopefully he shows up, such an awesome fish and hard to find too.
I know! I have one glimmer of hope. The urchin usually finds a spot before the lights come on and it stays there all day and then moves around at night. The urchin may be in front of the fishes hole that it sleeps in. Highly unlikely but possible.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battle box replacement came in just fine and I got those placed. Also replaced my pink streaked with a chalk bass and blue line goby. Also got a cheap baby maxima to see if I can keep it alive. I don’t have a great track record with clams but it was always due to fish nipping and I shouldn’t have any nippers in this tank. Also got rid of my giant emerald crab that likely killed the pink streaked. Will post up some pics this weekend.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bough more corals during the tsa sale and they come in on Monday. Got a high end stick and some lower end stuff. I think I forgot to add I’ve started to dose reef nutrition Phyto and aqua edible egg brew for the last couple of weeks. Most of my acros are encrusting well and holding decent color. A couple from the last Battlebox rtn a bit but it seems to have stopped. The water in their bags was a bit cloudy so I don’t think they shipped well. One of them, the Orms Medallioner is not on his site but he just posted it on Instagram and it’s freaking amazing so I really hope I can grow it and color it up. Anyway, here is the tank currently with the new fishies.
EDD99060-4B7C-4B1C-9763-C33A17A804B0.jpeg
825A9B85-307A-4AC6-8EA1-160B1EEC84AE.jpeg
A565C2EA-F699-4421-A4B6-C3B2E832BD73.jpeg

It doesn’t disco as bad as these pics make it seem. It’s just the speed of the flicker. Never ending quest to be able to photograph with my phone :(

Back