OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fired up a back yard banana peel pod culture lol. Have my TSA Labor Day order set to come in tomorrow. After that, I am pretty much out of room and just switching to grow phase.
4DF3454A-4FCD-4D2C-AF45-8C845D266FF1.jpeg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated SPS list.

BC Cricket Spine
BC Passive Passion
BC Chem Bomb 2.0
Pink Cadillac sourced from BC
BC Bonfire
BC Bonsai Humi
Purple Bonsai
Blue tip stag
ZB Cloud
BC Snipers Blue
Unknown Millie
Fire and ice monti digi
Rainbow monti
Lantana Monti
TSA Fruity Pebbles
WWC Green Slimer
BC Orms Medallioner
BC Vectorman
BC Flash Rainbow
BC Space Laser
BC Blueberry Lemon
TGC Cherry Bomb
Ora Frogskin (this ended up being a mismarked pink caddy)
Ora Pearlberry
TSA green bottlebrush

Last edited:

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated SPS list.

BC Cricket Spine
BC Passive Passion
BC Chem Bomb 2.0
Pink Cadillac sourced from BC
BC Bonfire
BC Bonsai Humi
Purple Bonsai
Blue tip stag
ZB Cloud
BC Snipers Blue
Unknown Millie
Fire and ice monti digi
Rainbow monti
Lantana Monti
TSA Fruity Pebbles
WWC Green Slimer
BC Orms Medallioner
BC Vectorman
BC Flash Rainbow
BC Space Laser
BC Blueberry Lemon
TGC Cherry Bomb
Ora Frogskin
Ora Pearlberry
TSA green bottlebrush
All in an IM 25 lagoon. Impressive!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll prob be in a bad spot when they all take off lol. Come back in 6 months and check out my Zoa lagoon.
LOL sounds like how it'd go for me. I've got only LPS, euphyilla and softies in my lagoon 25 but keep tossing around the idea of a few acros...just to see how they do.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clam got attacked by a whelk :(
I bought a single “nassarius” when I was fist cycling the tank way back in the spring to clean up. I always thought it looked like a whelk and when I got the clam I wanted to watch closely for any predation. Nothing came of it and I thought all was well.

This morning I make coffee and see the Whelk is wrapped around the clam. Just thought oh it must have died and the nassarius is cleaning it up. I pulled it off and the clam was tightly clenched and the whelk had a tube extended into the clam.
It’s still sealed up tight but I assume it will fall open and die sometime soon. I image the whelk did lots of damage. Boo

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s been 3 weeks with Phyto feast live dosing and I am seeing a real rebound in my two Goni frags. They both had withered to little mounds with some die off and no polyp extension. They are really perking back up and I am hoping they will fully rebound and then grow! It’s def the most visible change since starting with the Phyto and the egg brew. They aren’t anything spectacular I never want to own something that doesn’t thrive
F1F93266-10ED-46D8-BE48-F0771FA100C1.jpeg

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t updated in a minute. Been feeding the oyster feast and Phyto. I wish I could detect a benefit from it. I have tons of amphipods that come out at night and the hitch hiker clams and dusters are all good.
I will say, out the the coral foods I feed, the Egg brew gets a big time feeding response from everything. Even the zoas turn into cups and open their mouths. I would highly suggest that product. I got it on BRS. Egg Brew. I’ll try to take some pics this weekend. Oh! I did have some stn on one of the tenuis I got from Battlecorals so I removed it > remounted it in another spot and puttied over the affected area so only healthy tissue is now exposed. Hopefully it’s good to go but I don’t want people to think I stuck that many acros in this little box and have anything perfection going on.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it’s been 3 weeks with Phyto feast live dosing and I am seeing a real rebound in my two Goni frags. They both had withered to little mounds with some die off and no polyp extension. They are really perking back up and I am hoping they will fully rebound and then grow! It’s def the most visible change since starting with the Phyto and the egg brew. They aren’t anything spectacular I never want to own something that doesn’t thrive
F1F93266-10ED-46D8-BE48-F0771FA100C1.jpeg
What is your e feeding schedule of the phyto and egg brew?

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your e feeding schedule of the phyto and egg brew?
I feed the egg brew once a day usually right when lights come on. I’ve been doing Phyto 2x a day whenever I feel like it @ 1 drop per gallon each time. PhytoFeast Live is super concentrated so it makes the water tinted but it clears up in about half hour.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also forgot to mention how much I love my little blue line goby. It’s a cool fish and my Gramma lets it clean it. I added it the same day as my chalk bass (also underrated) and they hang out always. Such cool nano fish.

OP
OP
happyhourhero

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some fun in the ARC live sale and wayyy overdid it. I really have almost no room for corals but had some rocks back in the back I moved into the light some for space lol. I get them on Thursday and will update here.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back