HI-93703-50 Cuvette Cleaning Solution Is it worth it ?

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states is HI-93703-50 cuvette cleaning solution worth it? At £30 seems rather steep for something to clean the outside of the glass with What’s your thoughts ? Would isopropyl alcohol not do the same job at a fraction of the price ?

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states is HI-93703-50 cuvette cleaning solution worth it? At £30 seems rather steep for something to clean the outside of the glass with What’s your thoughts ? Would isopropyl alcohol not do the same job at a fraction of the price ?
Yup... I use alcohol wipes and a paper towel. They act like you're working in a lab with high precision instruments.

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha it’s actually £42 with vat

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it and it smells like pure alcohol. Do I recommend it, yes, is their another solution, probably.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this stuff and I don’t even use it I rinse with tap and store the cuvette with RO which seemed easier because I could rinse them better with larger volumes to work with.
I think this might work better if your cuvette have some crud on em?

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just rinse everything with RO/DI water.. when done testing rinse with sink water (well water as I don't live in the city) and before use rinse again with RO/DI. Seems to be working fine.

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this stuff and I don’t even use it I rinse with tap and store the cuvette with RO which seemed easier because I could rinse them better with larger volumes to work with.
I think this might work better if your cuvette have some crud on em?
Hanna recommend to use this to clean the outside of the cuvette not the inside. That’s why I was thinking 99% iso wipes would basically do the same job

OP
OP
DE FISH

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it and it smells like pure alcohol. Do I recommend it, yes, is their another solution, probably.
Thanks for your reply

99% isopropyl alcohol (IPA) is one of the purest forms of alcohol available on the market and is used in any circumstance where a lesser concentration would be impractical or ineffective. 99% has a number of uses which includes as a cleaner for electronics, for removing oils and fats, and as a disinfectant.

sounds vey similar to the smell you describe of pure alcohol

I can get 1 - 2 litres of 99.9% lab grade iso for around £10 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than the £42 Hanna solution 230ml

decisions decisions :/

Last edited:
Back