Hi all, doing an intro here. I have 50g and 30g tanks right now.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f4e447b9-5e67-4b02-af0d-2f28e9db692c.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I all, looking forward to learning with all of you. Thought I'd start with the reef tanks I have right now.

Tank 1:
50g Seaclear Acrylic, started 2020

Filtration:
Fluval 407 cannister with deep sand bed
Aquamaxx 1.5 HOB Skimmer

Lights
2 Kessil A80

Fish:
3 Domino Damsel
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Springer Dottyback

Coral:
Favia
Goniastrea
Cyphastrea
Leptastrea
Leptoseris

Tank 2:
29g Aqueon, started September 2021
Filtration: Sump with Chaeto, small skimmer, Chemipure Elite

Lights:
2 AI Prime

Fish:
3 Chromis
1 Ocellaris clownfish

Coral
Xenia
GSP
Rhodactis
Ricordea
Zoa
Frammer
Duncan

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You might consider doing 2 threads, one for each of your tanks, but it is up to you (you will only get one badge). You have enough already that if you were to cut and paste into other area of Forum, VOILA!

This might help you find people local to you in Boston:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

This is info they gave me when I was new:

One fun way to learn from others and keep a record of your reef aquarium is to create your very own build thread! A build thread is just a thread that tells us about your aquarium and might include photos. You can create your build thread in one of these forums. MEMBER'S AQUARIUMS

Once you have created a build thread then you can get your VERY FIRST USER BADGE! YAY! It's easy to do and I have created a thread that tells you how to do it here: BUILD THREAD BADGE

Back