Hi all. Getting back into reef after 10 years.

cmor1701d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm ready to get back into reef keeping after losing my 125g during Superstorm Sandy.
Heartbreak and work prevented me from starting over. Now that I'm retired and just moved to a place with a perfect spot, it's time to start again.
I attached some pictures of my previous tank...
So I'm in search of a 180 or larger reef ready tank and stand that's 6' long.
Anyone looking at upgrading or getting out of the hobby that wants to sell, please let me know.
I'm in NJ so pickup within 50 miles or so of New Brunswick would be great.

FFL2.jpg BHT.jpg SFT3.jpg Pink-Red  BirdsNest - Metallic green Hydnophora - 04-21-2011SM.jpg FullTank.jpg

dcsorrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You had a beautiful tank; my sincere condolences. I had to give mine up (a 55 long, not nearly as impressive) after a plumbing accident here at home, nearly 4 years ago. Just now getting back into it with a nano tank. Good luck with your new project, and looking forward to your build thread!

Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm ready to get back into reef keeping after losing my 125g during Superstorm Sandy.
Heartbreak and work prevented me from starting over. Now that I'm retired and just moved to a place with a perfect spot, it's time to start again.
I attached some pictures of my previous tank...
So I'm in search of a 180 or larger reef ready tank and stand that's 6' long.
Anyone looking at upgrading or getting out of the hobby that wants to sell, please let me know.
I'm in NJ so pickup within 50 miles or so of New Brunswick would be great.

FFL2.jpg BHT.jpg SFT3.jpg Pink-Red  BirdsNest - Metallic green Hydnophora - 04-21-2011SM.jpg FullTank.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. So sorry for your previous losses; Sandy was a beast! It sounds like you have BBA - Bounce Back Ability and that is so helpful both for this hobby and great life skill!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find more people local to you in New Jersey:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back