Hi all! I have a 32g biocube and I’m excited about aquatic life!

Toshira99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I’ve loved aquariums pretty much my whole life, and I’ve always wanted a saltwater tank (I’ve only done freshwater till now) so I finally caved and set up a biocube to test the water. I’ve taken care of other aquariums for the past 3 years and my new job is all aquatics. I know basics, but I still have a lot to learn! I did a quick start for my biocube; I used live sand, live rock, converted the center column of the sump to a refugium, and I added nitrifying bacteria. I mixed distilled water and salt, most of my levels are great, my pH could use a slight little boost but everything else is awesome. I decided to add a Pom Pom Xenia and red tuxedo urchin to my tank today so I should start testing calcium and stuff. Currently I have a baby snowflake eel (I plan on upgrading her once I move into a house, I already have another tank I just need to set it up once I move in), a Valentini puffer, a six line wrasse who disappeared into my rock work, a pair of gold head gobies, a black ice clown, a snowflake clown, hermit crabs for snacks/cleanup, a red brittle sea star that was a hitchhiker on my rock (usually I would’ve quarantined/dipped my rock but I got my rock from where I work and I know exactly what goes on there,) a red tuxedo urchin, and a little Pom Pom Xenia frag. I was a bit worried about my puffer because she seemed a little stressed, but after adding the clowns she seems more confident. I’m sure it’ll improve with time as she gets used to seeing and hearing people. My gobies were just added today and they’re a bit hesitant but that’s to be expected. I’m really proud of my little tank, I could watch it all day!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back